Topmudsites voting campaign

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

idles
Site Admin

Topmudsites voting campaign

Post by idles »

As most of you have probably noticed the topmudsites voting link is again on the front page.

As soon as they reset the votes, lets start a campaign and get Icesus to TOP10 again 8)

I'd guess they'll reset them soonish, the top1 has already some 4100 votes.
Icesus Administration
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

I once tried to play that mud, thats always in the top1 - aardwolf, was it?

*Someone screams- 'Traitor!'

And i noticed they have someone screaming outloud every time the Topmudsites.org resets the counters. Its really annoying, but it seems to be affective.

Something to think about!
zaec

Post by zaec »

You mean that in the Aardwolf mud there is someone shouting when the votes reset? Seems really to be effective indeed with those amount of votes there, of course there are many players too.
Maybe Icesus should also mention with some message when they reset, when Icesus was high on the list it had a straight impact to the amount of new players starting their adventurer career.. right?
zaec

Post by zaec »

what?! They had an illegal thing like that and they are still the top1... The dreaming thing in Icesus has always been a reminder that go just click on the banner. I think that keeping that illegal full-heal thing was a good thing for the mud after all. *sob*
dracolipse

Post by dracolipse »

zaec wrote:what?! They had an illegal thing like that and they are still the top1... The dreaming thing in Icesus has always been a reminder that go just click on the banner. I think that keeping that illegal full-heal thing was a good thing for the mud after all. *sob*
Actually it was Icesus that at one point had a "vote and get a free heal" link. It was there until it was pointed out to be illegal.
"If you love somebody, let them go. For if they return, they were always yours and if they dont, they never were. - Kahlil Gibran"
agnes
Supporting Member 2010

Post by agnes »

i Think that to get icesus to top10 is gonna be VERY hard.
'cause i dont think that icesus has about 4100 players total(or has it???). To get icesus to high position is to get more players to icesus and make them vote. I always vote if its possible :D
quintosh
Supporting Member 2014

Post by quintosh »

But getting more players to play, is lot easier when you are ranked in the top mud site. Yes, I have been trying to get my friends to play this game, and some players from other muds too. Recently two players from batmud, which I helped to get start, getting a bit exp, some weapons for their class, to make it easier to them to get started.
You higher level players should also help new players, not fully financial support them, but a bit help. And it might even make you feel a little bit better for your actions, get a feeling that you helped someone. He might just continue playing when he sees that there are actually players that help a complete stranger. This doesnt mean that you should approach every lvl 1 player, but if an opportunity occurs, go for it :twisted: