Mythbusting Icesus

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

jared
Supporting Member 2018

Post by jared »

To continue where Dracu left it about sdancers.

What factors does the backstab formula calculate on the damageroll? ie. dex/masteries/weapon/skills/size?

What about shadowstrike, pretty much the same question, as the skill seems more or less weird?

And for last, why does uncanny throws seem to do less damage than normal throws with same weapon?
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Prowess

Post by solar »

Prowess. What actually does it affect?

a) Weapon specials, such as singer?

b) Other types of weapon specials, such as hypnocane special?

c) Guild-related special hits: Wilders' red spam hits, unarmed strikes? Gaesati passive procs? Monk mastery effect procs, such as mocs from crane dodges? Ranger bladesinging full-sonic effect chance, or whirling blades pattern special chances? Scion instrument of the oblivion procs?

d) E_priest minion specials if wield/wear type with prowess equips? Will wight with prowess weapon get additional chances to drain life?

e) Defensive specials, such as absolute grace avoid?

f) Guild crit effects, such as hp leech of siphon vitae through dogmata?

g) Infusion effect chances?

Just wondering...
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
fil

Post by fil »

Earth Priests:

Minions that can wear armour can only be equipped with the normal head/neck/torso/2 arms/2 legs armours.

For those minions, such as centaurs and beholders, that have odd limbs, does the equippable armour cover those odd limbs or will they always be vulnerable?
fil

Post by fil »

Mages:

Serpent scale items have a line in 'identify' that says 'It enhances damage of mage spells.'. How does that compare to the benefit from spell damage shards and/or infusions?
dracu
Supporting Member 2017

Post by dracu »

How do infuses work? My character as an example.

I got

Your elemental infusions:
Infusion with acid: 7.
Infusion with lightning: 2.
Infusion with magic: 15.
Infusion with poison: 11.
Infusion with fire: 2.
Infusion with cold: 9.

Do lowest infusion amounts do significantly lower damage than highest? What affects the chance to get infusion hit? How does lowest infusion affect your highest infusion?
Embracing the darkness is the only solution to this madness.
ghir
Supporting Member 2011

Post by ghir »

Couple of questions you asked to ask yourself, umm..

How does celerity work? Specifically, are they combat pool/ep free hits? Does weapon speed/size affect ie. does it favour big weapons or is there some balancing mechanism in effect?

On that note, how does thaumaturgy work? Probably a bit easier to explain but if there are some hidden modifiers/things we might not know about.

Racial regenerates seem to have a huge effect especially at lower end. I can't seem to get any hpr/epr out of my spell weaver even if I bless those regens. I guess this is a bit of a question/suggestion situation, but how exactly does for example 3/4 constant epr blessing (which to mortals is roughly "9 epr") function with a) race that has epr ticks of 4 and tickrate of 24 seconds (if tickrate matters?), and b) a race that has epr ticks of 75 and a tickrate of 35 seconds.

How much/what is the iceron infuse bonus?
pixu
Supporting Member 2019

Post by pixu »

About arrows

1: Why do bodkin arrows occasionally make more damage than enchanted arrows even tho both are shot against same resist?

2: Why does broadhead arrows and swallowtails always seem to compare as crap against bodkin/enchanted arrows?

3: On rare occasions, enchanted bodkin arrows make the most damage, is there a clear reason for this? cant enchant arrows made of enchanted bundles, but enchanted bodkins seem to make more damage than arrows made of enchanted bundles, seems pretty confusing.
dracu
Supporting Member 2017

Post by dracu »

How does +dam stat add to weapon's damage?
Embracing the darkness is the only solution to this madness.
andr

Monkish stuff

Post by andr »

1. What is actually affected by the martial arts skill?
a) Crush hit style hit? (since you added crush when monks were already coded) - I raised MA to 140+ and can see no difference
b) normal hit speed (I see that the damage is indeed affected)?
c) Motion of Combat damage?
d) Unbending and Hand of god momenta damage?
e) Parry / dodge chances?
f) aegis counter-attack?
2. What is the idea of unending defence momentum? Just to replace MoC momentum
with somethng giving a chance to stun? Could we get 3 hits after unbending momentum back please? (they were removed recently) :)
3. Why impulse of vigor is lost sometimes? It is clearely not a timed thing, since it can keep for many minutes (during regen) and shoot next combat. Does restartng a MoC(before previous MoC is finished) kills it? Does using say kick momentum can kill impulse of vigor?
4. Does staff quality affect anything? Is it true that people with a matchstick and adamantium staff do the same unbending defence momentum damage? :)
5. What is affected by the gem glow?
6. Which skills affect hand of god chance / damage?

Thank you!
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Stuff

Post by solar »

1) STR and DEX.

They say STR is the stat to raise higher if you are using large weapons, but just how beneficial is it compared to raising dex?

The main problem with large weapons being ineffective is the aspect of speed, or rather - the lack of it. Which stat makes them more faster to use, if either?

2) Combat styles comparison

There seem to be a lot of impressions and interpretations about what different combat styles do and how do they compare to each other.

The most informative and illustrative way to explain them would be a series of diagrams (def, hit, spd, dam, dps, crit chance, etc.), but I suppose that would be too much to ask for. But do they confer fixed bonuses, or do they also provide some manner of a percent-based effect (speed bonus being more effective combat points-wise in large weapons if they, let's say, make it 10% faster, than in small weapons where 10% bonus in already fast speed gives no noticeable effect whatsoever, but where a fixed speed improvement would give a higher relative effect)

3) What skills affect critical throw chance or vital points proc?
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
fil

Post by fil »

Healer:

According to the news from Zaltaiz, "Constant, quick casting of vitae-based healing spells causes their efficiency to drop very quickly and it will take a short while for them to cooldown for full power. Affects all vitae spells."

According the help from the Little People's League's Kins-Oath Caregiver, "Effects: Allows using embrace of vitae more often."

Does Kins-Oath only affect embrace? If so, can it be tuned to affect all vitae spells?
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

Do the combat style and hit style skills have passive effects, even when you're not using that particular combat style or hit st yle?
fil

Post by fil »

Mold Man:

1.) What does plant life symbiosis do?
2.) Is it a passive or active ability?
3.) Are there conditions where it works better (deep forest vs meadow, if it's based on being outdoors)
4.) Can you please add some information to the 'race help' for this?
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

What do the different terror effects do, and do they stack or overlap?

Oh, and I figured out how to ask that question I couldn't articulate before:

Does +protection boost the item alone or does it boost your entire set a little? Or in other words, is a ring of protection going to do anything at all to your defences?

Does disintegration have any other effects, like weakening the mob hit by it? I remember seeing enemies move slower and not hit as hard after a few disintegrations, but that might have been luck.
pixu
Supporting Member 2019

Post by pixu »

Consider:

what is the actual order for consider messages, there seems to be some confusion among certain people about the order. Also at what point can monsters resist exceed over 100%? throughly resistant or invulnerable, or even earlier?