Mythbusting Icesus

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

solar
Supporting Member 2020

throwing

Post by solar »

How do usually melee-related combat skills affect throwing?

Like, piercing weapons & spears affecting throwing made with a javelin?

And enhance criticals? Weapon maintenance used at a throwing weapon?

Combat styles / Find weakness probably do, since they are taught in the throwing guild.

Do piercing hurl / shocking throw / vital points have any passive effects on damage or to their momentums? Or do they just do their thing once in a while?

What does shocking throw momentum actually do, when it 'throws the balance of dragon into total chaos' or whatever the message is?

What are the requirements for actually being able to throw from the front rows? People ask this on a fortnightly basis.

Edit:

What kind of skill caps are in effect when it comes to throwing? Some people say mastery of throwing effect to damage caps at 100%?
Last edited by solar on Mon Jan 28, 2013 17:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
lipides
Supporting Member 2011

Post by lipides »

If you are at "extremely resistant" to certain element and continue to hog up resistance towards that element. Are the extra resistance wasted or does it add up even though adjective is at maximum?

Also: Why cannot alchemists be joined with Wisdom stat?
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

Does incense have any passive effect without fire priests or air priests doing anything with it?
lipides
Supporting Member 2011

Post by lipides »

Does Mirror of souls have any effect on Mirror's Visage like spell help would indicate?
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

I have been wondering about the combat pools.

Attack and defence, to be exact.

What kind of point-consumption are we actually talking about when it comes to performing actions with combat assigns of X,Y,Z?

Understanding the casting system is pretty straightforward, but could we have some insight into how offence and defence go?

Like, if I want to have enough assigns in defence to get one parry/dodge attempt per 'round', how many points would I be looking at to invest? How profitable would it be from the current 'battle -a offence' to readjust the values to have like 10 extra points in the def assigns while still playing an off-role?

Or, how many offence points would I want to have to get 1 hit per round with a fast dagger, or a slow flail? How does the extra hits from continuous assault behave? They are said to be cheaper, but do they consume points from your current pool, or potentially make it go to negative values, thus giving you 'less' points the next round? Would a dagger-using fast melee class need full assigns, or do the hits per round actually cap even without having full assigns? (Normally I've observed a maximum of three hits per weapon per round - this without celerity or dagger-tune)

I'd imagine there would be room for optimization: If I battle a foe with a slow dual-gripped greatsword, wouldn't I only need 'enough' defence assigns to get one chance per def ability (dodge, parry, block etc) to counter its melee hit? As in, why would I need enough points to attempt two parries, if only one hit will be forthcoming?

Are there any rules of thumb, like: With fast weapon you do not benefit from over 120 offence assigns, etc?
Internet tough guy

vadun
Supporting Member 2009

Post by vadun »

I'm hoping for some up to date Gaesati info because the guilds documentation seems to have disappeared.

What stats/specials from weapons carry over when shifted?

What slots do the weapons need to be in with regards to damage types? (Cats use slashing AND piercing damage for example)

What are the requirements for forms?

Thanks
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

There are racial guild abilities, such as Only the finest silk in slumdogs, that give natural armour bonus based on the armour you are wearing.

1) Do these bonuses accrue also from non-hitslots? Like would a chitinium silk earring provide a bonus?

2) Does this bonus cap at some fixed amount, after which there is no use in wearing more pieces of armour that give the same type for of bonus through the ability?

3) A) Do multi-slot armours (shirts, hauberks, etc) give as much bonus as 1slot items do, or do they give bonus for each slot they take? B) Or each hitslot they take, if there are armours that also cover non-hitslots and those do not count?

4) What about unusual races that have different amount of armour slots, or hitslot slots, or whatever. Can they get more armour bonus from these abilities than default bodyparted ones - again a question of is there a cap, really?

PS. Some new busting would be appreciated! :)
Internet tough guy

solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

I've been wondering about sorcerer guild scepter:

Because spirit links get decided at the moment you wield it, so if you have equips with +spirits in them, and you wear them before wielding the scepter, you gain higher linkmaxes.

Is this the only thing that gets decided from what your skills/stats/masteries are at the moment of the wielding? Will changing equips after wielding the scepter - and when the linkmaxes are what they are - affect spellcasting in any way? Let's say you change to a set with +30 passive skill X, will it affect the spells you cast, or will the spell somehow query whatever is saved in the scepter, which would be the set you were wielding/wearing when the linkmaxes were calculated?

For example:
1) Energy paradigms 100, benevolent spirits 110 when you wield the scepter.
2) Change set to 120 energy paradigms, 100 benevolent spirits
3) Cast seize the day
4a) Seize the day calculation formula uses current 120 energy paradigms, 100 benevolent
or
4b) Seize the day uses 100 energy paradigms, 110 benevolent spirits, from what you had when you initially wielded the scepter?

Thanks!
Internet tough guy

drakken

A few answers for ya..

Post by drakken »

vadun wrote:I'm hoping for some up to date Gaesati info because the guilds documentation seems to have disappeared.

What stats/specials from weapons carry over when shifted?

What slots do the weapons need to be in with regards to damage types? (Cats use slashing AND piercing damage for example)

What are the requirements for forms?

Thanks
Typing gaesati_cmd news will show you which weapon slot to wield which type of weapon for the different forms.

Aspect requirements can be found on this forum post: http://www.icesus.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=1449

Damage types from weapons do not carry over, so trees for example, will always hit with physical damage. All stats, infusions, etc. on a weapon Do carry over when shifted. As for weapon specials, most weapon specials will work. For example, stun specials from flail of shadows, ari staff, etc. will work as well as healing effects from warscythe, etc. If a weapon has several different kinds of specials, some of them probably will not work and would need to be added into the gaesati code to work properly. For example, Dawnstar has three or four specials. Two of them will work, the weapon damage turning to magical damage will not work since it will still do physical (or fire,acid,etc if animal form with claws spell) and one of the fire specials in it will not work. Its not necessarily intended for some weapons specials not to work, its just that some of them need to be individually added to the code in order to work when shifted. Hope this helps.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

I've heard that damage, accuracy and speed bonuses to weapons are applied twice to a shifter, so they're a lot more valuable to them. though that should probably get some verification.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

What is the inner logic in 'party dice' when two or more players roll the same number, like 99.

How is their order chosen when they tie? Or do they actually tie: Are there, for example, hidden decimals that choose the order?

So, would that order given in party dice be a valid fair order for tied-in results, or should there be a reroll between the people who tie, to fairly determine their order?
Internet tough guy

lipides
Supporting Member 2011

Post by lipides »

Bringing this thread back to life:

Is there a hidden bonanza in Mage's Mana Well if you cast it twice and receive the message The magic around you feels easier to use.
aeszah

Post by aeszah »

How does leatherworking work?

Especially when making new items.

And does dragonscale crafting work significantly in different way?
aeszah

Post by aeszah »

Oh, and loosely related to leatherworking.

How does learn by doing work?
dracu
Supporting Member 2017

Post by dracu »

Hello!

Been wondering now that the chaos stabs are (finally) in. We were pondering what actually affects the regular crit chance if anything?

I don't want anything exact. Just something general :)

Second question:

What affects the autostabs now that happens in combat when monster has not been stabbed? Since shadow merging was removed and it used to affect autostabs.

Third question:

Is uncanny throw proc from shadow strike affected by anything?
Embracing the darkness is the only solution to this madness.