Mythbusting Icesus

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

arkose

Post by arkose »

and with skills 'scaling' how high do skills scale in the late 90's compared to say like 50's and 60's?
unagi
Supporting Member 2013

Post by unagi »

Do you get mastery for hunting up an animal (and not killing), or only for killing, or some combination of both (hunting+killing bonus)?

Do you have to be actively sneaking to get a bonus from move silently during hunting, or is that a passive check?

Does tracking actually help the hunting process or is it coincidentally listed with the skills in 'skill -hunting'?
drakken

Tactics

Post by drakken »

Do overrun, wishbone, and shepherd's torment do more damage as the mastery increases, or does the mastery only let them proc more frequently?
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

I'm wondering about the effect of stats on spell effects. Like, some guilds spend a HUGE(tm) of int or wis on their spells, as those are made to use primary int or primary wis, but when it comes to actual spell workability, it is rumoured that some guilds (Zaltaiz's mostly?) even use STR in damage calculation formula with a higher effect multiplier than int/wis.

Do these int casters benefit from wisdom other than higher spellpoint max and vice versa? How heavily weighted is the stat effect system towards the main stat compared to other stats?

What does charisma do for spellcasters? Healers are said to benefit from charisma, but do they really?

Is strike maneuver working as intended when I can get two 'you resist part of the incoming damage' when I get hit? One message before the strike description, and the other one after it? And yes, 100% physical strike, ofc.

Do earth priests minions use player resistance system, or monster resistance system?

I really should stop now, even though I still have plenty of these :)
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
andr

Monk stuff

Post by andr »

There were no questions on monks yet :)

1. Could you please outline in general the difference between the martial arts (MA) battle code from the normal one?
If not covered above:
1a. Is it true that MA skill replaces offensive and defensive battle strategy skills for monks?
1b. Does dexterity adds more to damage (and it is significant) than for non-MA combat?
1c. What wisdom does to monk combat? Guild info seems to suggest it matters a lot but blessing it does not show a visible effect.
1d. What is the effect of the self-control skill? It is "a bit" unclear from the description :)
1e. Does size matters for monk damage same way as for "weaponized" combat? :D
1f. Does armor class of gloves/boots matter?
----
2. How does Combine Techniques skill work? Is it similar to Twin Weapons skill? Does it help if one uses only feet?
2a. Does Ambidexterity do anything for monks?
-----
3. On styles:
3a. If say you set style X as active one, and you have Mastery of 6 styles at 100%, then does grandmastery in this style help more in this style specials or it is already at max potential? E.g. the chance in eagle style to get mini-stuns after motion of combat - does it continue to improve with raising grandmastery? It is very hard to say now since grandmasteries take ages to raise.
3b. Does blessing Mastery of 6 styles above 100% help?
3c. Is it possible, could you explain in a bit of details what are the cross-style bonuses? As I uderstand, they are like that (is it true?):
crane - auto-MOC after dodge
snake - auto-slam after avoid
leopard - a tiny chance to have a second MOC in a row and damage bonus (melee or MOC too?) first a few rounds/hits/mocs?
eagle - a small chance of a ministun special after MOC (is it all?)
dragon - damage increase after each dodge/parry/avoid?
tiger - damage increase after each meleeattack/MOC (?)
3d. Are there cross-style benefits from grandmasteries other than the specials discussed above? E.g. grandmastery of crane adds some passive bonuses to say dodge/parry while using another style?
----
4. Special hits from staves for monks
I have a strong feeling that using styles that use feet first strongly reduces the chances for special hits for staves. Is it true? If it is - is it intentional or it can be fixed? :)
----
5. Runes
5a. Does the runes mastery affect the efficiency of the runes or only the speed they are loaded? If it is only the speed (it seems so), could it be considered to add the boost in the effisiency?
5b. Do stats, skills or any other factors (excluding the rune level) affect efficiency of runes?
----
6. Motion of Combat
Do Kick and Double Kick skills really affect the MOC as suggested in the MOC skill description? Having MOC at 0 and training these two skills to high value seems to have very little effect. Is it so?
----
7. Does Blind fighting skill do anything or it is obsolete?
----

Thanks a lot!
ghir
Supporting Member 2011

Post by ghir »

Is the list of quality adjectives linear? Enhancement shard usually gives exactly +1 adjective to item quality but in the case of void, it actually raises from good to exceptional (skipping high adjective). On that note, how does Void work?;)

Not sure if this question fits the mythbusting mould but can Neralath still drop Grief? I have 64 recorded Neralath kills in a row without seeing Grief drop.
fil

Post by fil »

When considering AC and damage reduction, is it better to have one piece of armour covering multiple slots, or to have each slot have it's own piece of armour. So for example, is it better to have a cuirass covering the torso and arms or having equivalent pieces covering the torso and arms separately.

Would it be possible to get a list of materials in order of AC and in order of lightness? It's hard to tell from "help materials" what the order of materials are. Whereas "help armour types" says explicitly which armour types provide information on protection and weight of each type. This may not be an issue later in the game, but as a new player it's been hard for me to figure out what the next step up should be without going straight to steel/fine steel and 10M+ player sold equipment.
mauro
Supporting Member 2013

Post by mauro »

Does player size matter?

Edit: About fishing... does player size matter to catch big fishes? Can a mold man catch one shark or need high stats (maybe str and dex) to pull it from water?
What stats helps fishing (wis and dex)?
diu wrote:I want to know everything about fishing and lures!
dracu
Supporting Member 2017

Post by dracu »

Do different materials have different properties on weapons?

There's been discussions and people widely regards adamantium / iceron getting +damage bonuses (possible to get numerical values?). And mithril / titanium getting speed bonuses.

Any negative properties?
Embracing the darkness is the only solution to this madness.
ghir
Supporting Member 2011

Post by ghir »

You mentioned that the str/dex ratio for natural weapons depends on player size. If a shifter transforms into a 4 meter tall tree, does the code check for the original player size (human) or the new size of 4 meters?

This might be a bit out of scope for this type of Q&A but any chance of getting some details about different combat styles? For example whether defensive or warding is better for pure defence situations etc. but then again, maybe figuring this stuff out is part of the game.
vadun
Supporting Member 2009

Post by vadun »

Does Change Aspect do anything for you if you haven't hit the required skill and mastery for next form?
arkose

Post by arkose »

How do skills like "aiming" style affect stabs, or the "impale" skill that aids aiming, do these affect stabs?

Also, does devotion affect the guild dagger's ability to stab or the overall ability of the guild dagger to be used in combat?
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

Do any of the stats or skills help with dicing or other luck related things?

Is the changeling regeneration actually better then normal gaesati one?

What determines how much armor class a shifted gaesati gets from their eq?
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

OK, sorcerous time, mostly about masteries:

A) Do skills: "benevolent spirits", "neutral spirits", "malevolent spirits" have any other significant effect other than raising link allocation maxes, directly or indirectly affecting things such as increasing actual spells' damages, crit magnitude/frequence? Or are they skills you only want to imbue on your linkmax swap set?

B) Why does share blood always seem to time its duration running out at the end of my regen, or at the very beginning of combat, screwing things up for me?

C) Does anyone ever really use ethereal form to good effect?

D) Do spells of higher upkeep give more mastery per second than spells with lower upkeep? (soulreaver vs wail, twister vs windstorm)? Mainly: power over X spirits?

D.2) If so, is it tied to using the stronger version of the spell, or just by having a higher upkeep? Would lower-tiered spell give more mastery if link allocation for the type be lowered, making the spell cost more to maintain?

E) Wondering about mastery milestones and when do new stuff (new crit tiers) generally unlock?

F) What is Traquilem? (the doorman has that in his short desc sometimes)

G) Does elemental funnel (from WP supporter) affect sorcerer's mastery gain rate through spelldamage benefit and monsters dying faster?

H) What happens when more than one sorcerer concentrates on the same seize the day and is there some sort of capping effect involved? Any benefits if more than two do it?

Edit:

I) Do more powerful monsters from seize portals yield more dominate realm of X mastery when they hit a target, compared to less powerful ones?

Edit 2:

J) Does power over malevolent spirits help with maintaining control of seize the day monsters, or does it help indirectly through increased pressure control that comes alongside with it?
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
yashod
Supporting Member 2018

Incendiary stigmata

Post by yashod »

How does the spell Incendiary stigmata work? The help file suggests that it makes the target vulnerable for fire effects.Does it lower the fire resistance based on spell% and some mastery or what?

It also mentions it working in unison with other spells and magical effects casted on target. What's the effect it has for them?

Thanks.