Mythbusting Icesus

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

How can leopard style be raised at a reasonable speed?

Do the different roars have different cooldown times? And do they get shorter with mastery or skill or stats?
mauro
Supporting Member 2013

Post by mauro »

What does water priest masteries do? i think we don't have info about this one... mainly wp archery mastery.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

Ranger time!

A) How do different whirling blades patterns really differ from each other? In terms of speed / ease of use, for example? I know offensive patterns give extra hits and defensive patterns make hits not connect.

A.1) Are offensive patterns affected by combat point assigns, and defensive patterns by defensive point assigns?

B) They say cat stroke is more effective vs animals. Is this a plain +damage bonus, or something else?

C) They say diamond lunge is more effective when used against monsters that hit faster, was it? What does this actually mean?

D) Does WB benefit from rural combat / animal lore when used in an appropriate circumstance?

E) What governs the chance of acquiring WB-shockwaves? Is it just a dex check, or is it influenced by trainable skills, too?

F) Does WB benefit from ambidexterity?

G) Does Weloq still have abnormally huge resistance scores? (I think he has manually added resistance bonuses which add on top of current default resistances yielded from the monster level, the latter part which was increased in the conversion?)

H) I remember seeing Master Scout with a green glow platinum earring when I was a newbie. Was this something Galiere or someone else did manually back then, or does the monster actually have an unlikely chance of spawning with one? I don't think random_armour could spawn single ear slot earring back then.

I) Can a beholder disintegrate-nuke feral Luctred during Nera run and is it allowed? I don't think Luctred has a prestige aura, if that matters.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
gildemoron
Supporting Member 2012

Post by gildemoron »

Does bow, that is effortless to draw, cost less ep to shoot than bow that is hard to draw?
pixu
Supporting Member 2019

Post by pixu »

1) how exactly do sharpshooting/foam/pinpoint precision work? the other skills are pretty much explainable, but with these three it is quite hard to notice any changes.

2) do int/wis help anything with shooting?

3) how does 'uncanny fly' race ability from saerka for shooting
work?

4) projectile guidance does not increase the chance for specials to happen, is there any valid meaning for it after 60% when the last special is unlocked (other than 70% that lets you advance last mastery sub-guild level) what is the purpose later on?

5) weapon maintenance/cat form/army archery mastery: what exactly do they do, there are no clear indicators to detect any changes with these, atleast as a sec_gaesati/sec_army, do they even work for sec?

6) while on the subject of ranger masteries, we dont have any help files for them, what does harmony with the elements actually even affect?

7) is there different level of 'divine' arrows? Like you can make them with 90% fletchery and 20% craftmanship, but would 120%/120% skills that also make 'divine' arrows be better than the ones made with lower skills? If there are higher level divine arrows, would it be possible to make the messages scale bit better?

8) Lbd: sometimes you seem to get almost half carried to next reinc, sometimes its under 1/4, is this purely random? is the random range really this huge?
Last edited by pixu on Fri Jan 04, 2013 15:49 pm, edited 6 times in total.
rha
Supporting Member 2015

Post by rha »

Epriests

Is it actually true that killing a creature with only physical damage and making the corpse a minion, makes the minion more physical resistant?

Does the exp value of the creature used to create a minion have any positive/negative effect on the minion?

Does nether rift increase nether flux mastery? If not, why not?

Thanks!
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

A question about a specific item mechanic.

Flail of shadows, dropped by the gatekeeper. Gets stats according to its charge. How safe is it to imbue shard effects to it?

E.g. Does the mechanic remove all magic_properties from it and then add the "new" stats (when the charge changes), getting rid of extra stats imbued to it, or does it just 'force' a new number to those stats it gets from the charge when something happens with the weapon?

Basically, would something like a celerity effect go *POOF* when the item stats update?
Internet tough guy

khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

Does an item that gives greater, or lesser protection than usual modify just that item or everything? That's an awkward question but I can't think how to fix it.

Does Fur Gnarl currently do anything at all?

Do boosts to psychic damage help telekinesis?

Do camps have any effect on regeneration other than what it does with sleep?

If a human uses after getting advance points, will it end up the same as if they'd educed before getting them? If not, now big a difference would it make?
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

Quick question:

Where does:

Code: Select all

The sphere of light begins to glow brightly.
originate from? I have sometimes seen it happen three times in a row: on three consecutive lines, sometimes indoors, sometimes on city streets.
Internet tough guy

khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

With Requiem Order, what does self-control do, and how can you get runes active fastest?

How does the edge of insanity work?
daic
Supporting Member 2015

Post by daic »

About earthpriests:

1. Does nether rift from unification increase secrets of earth/nether flux mastery?
2. Is there still coming new minions/fine tuning the current ones?
3. Any uptunes/tweaks coming to earthpriest spells, currently nearly useless.
4. Is it possible to have toggle to turn minions casts off?
Little Orcs, Burarum!
They come with axes, they come with fire, gnawing, biting, burning hacking, breaking!
Destroyers and usurpers curse them!
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

Also Earthpriest:

Can we gain the capacity to mark something as off limits for spirit nexus?

Is there any chance of EP_Sec getting access to some of the more mainstream minion types? Even if they just gain access to the very weakest, it would be nice.
phyroks
Supporting Member 2018

Post by phyroks »

Templars

a) does tool of elemental justice (earth) still add 0 damage to the weapon if it is pure physical damage already? (faq says yes but you seem to update stuff faster than infos ;) )
b) and the other elements work the same way?
c) and it works the same way for throwing?
d) does tool of swift justice do anything for throwing?
e) elemental focus of earth says "This skill also controls the power of 'tool of elemental justice' and 'element barrier'". does this only effect the element earth or all element focuses help each other?
f) if you imbue elemental damage shard to weapon will it purely add some damage or convert some of the weapon damage?
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

How do secondary characters actually work? And how much bigger than them can their allies be?

Does combat analysis do anything other than give the player information?

Do monk stances use skills other than Master of Six Styles to determine how effective they are, and if so what are they, and if not, is there any way to make stances more effective?

What are the different containers in order of smallest to largest, least bulky to most, and worst bulk reduction to best?
dracu
Supporting Member 2017

Post by dracu »

Shadowdancers:

Dunno if this has been said or asked before. But does backstab hit any particular hitslot, like torso? So for an example, does necrosis help backstab?

EDIT: Also. Is it just random or why does it seem like only first and third stabs show damage feedback messages, but never from second stab?

EDIT 2 about armours and combat penalties:

Does non-hitslot armours give penalties to combat aswell? We thought it'd only be for hitslots, but now we're not sure at all.

So does heavy armour earring/amulet/rings give penalties to combat aswell and heavy armours skill reduces these penalties. And likewise for light armours?
Embracing the darkness is the only solution to this madness.