Mythbusting Icesus

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

aeszah

Vessel of sacred flame?

Post by aeszah »

Does vessel of sacred flame just convert some of the damage to fire? Or is fire damage added to base damage of the weapon?
zare
Supporting Member 2011

Post by zare »

What is the maximum number of blackslices to get most effective poison? Does increasing beyond this limit just increase the number of uses and if so, what are the number of blackslices needed to get the most uses out of a slave?

Same question for stun powders and healing slaves :)
arkose

monks and swerving motion

Post by arkose »

the primary stat for swerving motion is wisdom. does this mean that wisdom has a major effect on swerving motion for monks or does this simply mean the exp cost of the skill is primarily wisdom. If it does have an effect, would having massive amounts of wisdom have a decent effect on swerving or does it not work that way for the skill?
zare
Supporting Member 2011

Post by zare »

How much bonus does whirling blades and bladesinging provide to slashing-type swords as compared to other weapons, such as an axe?
darthalomus

Overall AC

Post by darthalomus »

What exactly does Overall AC do for you?

When determining whether or not you take a hit is your overall AC taken into consideration?

IE: Does the code use overall AC to first determine if you were hit at all and then from there assign a hit-slot?
Just because I am paranoid doesn't mean people aren't really trying to get me.
nezen
Supporting Member 2017

Post by nezen »

Edge of Insanity is made of crystal according to id info, but sticky rumour claims that once you hit 100% mind over matter its material changes, is this true?

Withering touch has dexterity listed as its primary stat, does dexterity affect the skill in any way, ie, fasten the stalking time and make planting scourges faster? Also, does it cap at 100%?
pixu
Supporting Member 2019

Some questions.

Post by pixu »

1.) It is said elemental warfare has been capped to 100%, can this be confirmed? Also does it do anything else to shield other than make it usable fo casting?

2.) There has also been some tales that wp vessel does something else than just increase spell damages, what other hidden things does it do?

3.) Does vessel / funnel / karmic justice spell % affect anything after 100%?

4.) Channeling charms say they increase damage of channeling spells, does this mean it has no effect on elemental funnel?

5.) Gift of Elements (water) is said to lower spell costs of spells, from somewhat extensive testing i've so far noticed zero sp cost reductions from channels/binds/spellcasts, does it have some other hidden effects?

6.) What about combat styles, savage, warding, defensive etc. Do they work over 100% or is the effect capped on that or curved down?

7.) What exactly does shield size effect on parrying / blocking attacks, if I can get 1 size larger shield on my hand with using giant charms and larger form, do i really gain some benefit from it?

8.) Do masteries have effect on auras (rimewind/grace/vessel) and does some mastery affect the amount of replicates or damage bonus of funneled spells or does nothing but random affect the amount of replicate spells from funnel?

9.) Funneled replicate mage spells add wp's spell damage on top of mages spell damage on the spell if im correct. Why does this effect seem to only work on mage spells and discriminates other guilds funneled replicate spells (ep,coven for example) and does not seem to increase replicated spells damage at all. How does this actually work?

10.) How does pain tolerance skill actually function, it adds a multiplier to natural armor and physres or? Also does shapeshifting have any effect after 70% to forms on gaesati_sec guild?

11.) What does divine protection pdf blessing catually do?

12.) How much resistance does "extremely resistant" actually give and does it cap out on that or curve? Can you become invulnerable to type?

13.) How does natural armor vs normal armor work, do they separate cut % of the hit damage away, is natural ac much less effective than real armor?

14.) Dominion stat increases blood max and auras of water priest, how does this work? How much increase would one get to karmic justice damage reduction with lets say 10 dominion? and the aura part, vessel is currently made extremely silly and it does _nothing_ to a caster if caster has enough +spell power from his/her own gear since it doesnt put it on top of that, just caps out to X. does this even work with vessel because of this sillyness?

15.) Does theory of alchemy skill affect harden armour? or does alchemist's charms or other charms affect it? any stat?
Last edited by pixu on Fri May 22, 2015 13:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
diu
Supporting Member 2016

Post by diu »

Fishing questions:

Is there skill cap for fishing? Any breakpoints?
How does lures work and is there any difference bethween
inferior lure vs superb lure?
dracu
Supporting Member 2017

Post by dracu »

What's the actual difference between skills 'find weakness' and 'enhance criticals' when determining hitrolls in combat?

Also what's the difference between weapon stats 'accuracy' and 'damage'?

As i understand it, accuracy increases your base hitrolls, thus it adds damage and chance to hit while also (slightly?) affects crit chance, so is damage comparable to accuracy or vice-versa? Is accuracy comparable to enhance criticals or find weakness?

Edit: I'm curious. Can you list some hit messages for evil and good damage types? I got a few hit messages for chaos, but as there's no evil&good damage in game... :(

What i heard of them they sounded pretty funny :)
Last edited by dracu on Fri Jun 26, 2015 16:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Embracing the darkness is the only solution to this madness.
daic
Supporting Member 2015

Post by daic »

What does Fine hand coordination actually do? Does it improve the quality of crafted items or increase the chances for a magical item? Thanks in advance!
Little Orcs, Burarum!
They come with axes, they come with fire, gnawing, biting, burning hacking, breaking!
Destroyers and usurpers curse them!
solar
Supporting Member 2020

damage

Post by solar »

It has been revealed at one point that melee messages progress with 2^N logic. This meaning that whenever the raw damage doubles, the message changes to the next one:

damage equivalent of 2x firmly strike = 1x powerfully cut
damage equivalent of 2x powerfully cut = 1x skillfully slit
and so on

So, the scaling is something along the lines of:

message 1: 0-1 damage
message 2: 2-3 damage
message 3: 4-7 damage
message 4: 8-15 damage
message 5: 16-31 damage
message 6: 32-63 damage
message 7: 64-127 damage
message 8: 128-255 damage
message 14: 8192-16383 damage
and so on.

RAW damage here is the damage dealt before reduction take place (%-based reduction from resistance, armour, natural armour, defensive skill procs etc)

§1) Is 'firmly strike' or its non-slashing equivalent 128-255 (or 129-256) raw damage?

When I had significantly lower totals (being around level 30ish), I took a masterfully slash from a skeleton lord and died instantly from full hitpoints (which were over 1000 hitpoints) so the calibration for this theorycraft has masterfully as 1024-2047, which would suppose firmly strike to be that 128-255.

§2) If so, then SAVAGELY would be 8192-16383. When combined with a tier3 hitstyle (hitstyle bonus damage being relative to base hit raw damage), the minimum damage it would do would be that 8192*hitstylemodifier, probably reaching 10k raw damage easily, maybe even 20k if the SAVA is closer to the upper end. This is raw damage.

Yet, it has been confirmed that such a hit yielded a SPASMS feedback from an adult avian (cry of 2950-5000 damage taken), and at least contact reflexes did not proc. No matter how we look at it, at least half of the supposed damage 'vanishes'. Those monsters do not wear particularly protective armour and they have standard amounts of natural armour. Maybe he/she rolled a high resistance vs that damagetype upon spawning, maybe not.

All in all, it seems to be difficult to get 5k-10k feedback from a SAVA, which (if §1 guesses correctly) should be able to do even 16000 damage before hitstyle effects.

Where does over half of the damage vanish to? Surely this is not the '*throttled enhance criticals of over 100 in combat code' in effect, or did the monster abuse something? The monster probably didn't have resistance of 50+, most exp monsters below 100k definitely do not (undead and few choice types excluded).

We think that something is suspicious here.

* (Fri Sep 16 12:45:51 2011) Belannaer <news>: Enhance criticals over 100% is now throttled in battle code.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
aeszah

shield parry

Post by aeszah »

What exactly shield parry does if it's used as maneuver?

There doesn't seem to be any visible effect.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

What exactly does blind_access do? All I can see it doing is the stop you from entering deep water thing, and those who actually use screen readers don't seem to notice any benefit, at least the ones I've talked to.
ghir
Supporting Member 2011

Post by ghir »

How do damagetypes on weapons or specifically on melee hits work? Ie. how is it possible to crit with a weapon that deals 1% chaos damage, 99% physical, and get 2x "Monster screams in pain" as a result? Basically it's saying the hit dealt roughly the same amount of chaos and physical damage (obviously the monster couldn't resist any chaos damage so the actual spread between those damagetypes was probably like 25%/75% on that hit, the monster was around 50-70k exp mob).

I've noticed odd situations like that over the years so basically if a weapon deals 99% of one type, 1% of the other, how varied can the resulting hit be? That 99%/1% is such an extreme situation. I've always thought that for example a 70%/30% weapon can swing either way, you can sometimes deal most of the damage with the 30% type. A lot of random for individual hits but overall damage over time should adjust to around that 70/30 split.
werdna
Supporting Member 2018

Post by werdna »

1) how much master's charm/ apprentice charm/backstab charm actually add?

2) does devourer ability "primitive superstition" give the effect as if you have 6 charms if you had 5 charms before activating it?