Mythbusting Icesus

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

syder
Supporting Member 2016

Reinctax.

Post by syder »

Is reinctax always flat 10% of your total worth regardless of how much df you carry around when entering the vortex.
If I recall right back long ago when reinc-system was changed it was said that df plays a role. Would be nice to know what role (no numbers needed just a yes or no if you can shorten the tax phase).
To err is human, to forgive is divine.
zohlor
Supporting Member 2019

Post by zohlor »

What exactly does the 'release death' special in the not-so-deadly death blade do?

Does backstab skill % above 100% do anything?

:)
You see us comin'
And you all together run for cover
We're taking over this town
drakken

Spreadsheet Answer

Post by drakken »

ity wrote:What does the CI DE HI LE NO and SL abbreviations mean on that spreadsheet.
Those abbreviations are the names of the Racial Guilds. Civilized, Devourer, Hive, League, Nomads, and Slumdogs.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

Are there any hidden effects from using an ancient weapon and having a high related skill? Does the related special do anything other than the fairly low damage that has been noticed?
zeffyr
Supporting Member 2017

sharding Ashul

Post by zeffyr »

Is it safe to shard an Ashul weapon? Will the shard be lost when the weapon levels up?
zeffyr
Supporting Member 2017

compare weapons

Post by zeffyr »

Does the skill compare weapons take into account shards on an item, or just the base item stats, ie material/size/quality/ (AC in case of armors)?
zeffyr
Supporting Member 2017

Compare weapons ashul

Post by zeffyr »

Does compare weapon skill work with ashul weapon levels? Normally one has to wield the ashul weapon to see its "Status". Would that work with compare weapons?
zeffyr
Supporting Member 2017

secondary guilds learnable masteries

Post by zeffyr »

Can we get a list of which tactics/masteries in a secondary guild dont work...ie are not expected to be trainable/learnable because it is a secondary guild.
zeffyr
Supporting Member 2017

secondary guild help files

Post by zeffyr »

Can we get help files available in the secondary guilds for the tactics and masteries that are learnable...something to aid in knowing what the tactic/mastery does and how to practice it. Without having to reinc into that guild as a primary, just to read the help files.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

A1)
It has been hinted that 'fighting style' skills, such as 'two-handed weapons', 'sword and board', 'swordplay' and 'twin weapons' do not increase in effect after reaching 100%. Can this be confirmed?

A2)
Yet, if that is indeed so, a news tidbit from 2011-2012ish that introduced army's two-handed strength specials and later, the scything strike for weapon+shield style, suggested that at least for the strike specials for wielding a weapon in both hands, the 'two-handed weapons' skill would play a role.

A2b)
Would having 'two-handed weapons' skill higher than 100 then actually have an effect, if only for those specials?

B)
When scything strike was added, there wasn't at least any sword and board training offered in the army. It would be safe to assume that it would not use that skill in its formula, but what would it use instead, or is it something entirely different? Or would 'two-handed weapons' also help with scything strikes? It was said that strength and strike mighty blow would also help, but scything strike was somehow tied to dexterity? How does dex affect it?

C)

Code: Select all

* Insignia of Vaerlon *
Insignia of Vaerlon is the first honour given to members of the army of Vaerlon. It shows that the soldier is ready to join either light or heavy infantry. Higher ranking soldiers are required to guide and teach lower ranking soldiers who are wearing their insignia until they have reached adequate level in the ways of the army.
Does actually what? And when does it stop doing it? Could I, for example, reinc to an army reinc and force Thakkrad to lead me exp by showing him my insignia and claiming that I don't feel adequate?
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
zeffyr
Supporting Member 2017

army events

Post by zeffyr »

Were Army events coded and removed, or never fully coded/implemented? There was mention of Army roll call, and some other event that I heard of thru gossip.
aeszah

Re: throwing

Post by aeszah »

solar wrote:How do usually melee-related combat skills affect throwing?

Related to Solar's question about throwing. There's a rumour about hard cap in throwing damage. Is it true? Probably it is, because skill stat throwing shows random people in random order from day to day.

And I present an idea for that. If damage would follow some slowly rising curve (for example logarithmic) after certain maximum damage, we could have real list of top throwers.

And just out of curiosity, how high is that cap?
zare
Supporting Member 2011

Post by zare »

1) What factors go into the scouting skill for finding monsters in the OW? Do other skills matter when scouting monsters? I have found a whole bunch in a row and other times I will find nothing.

2) Whats up with monsters spawning in the OW in general actually.

3) What factors effect the chance for sneaking? I think darkness, terrain and obviously mastery but does total worth also play a roll? Also...why is it that I will sneak into a room successfully, hide in shadows, then all of a sudden I am being attacked.

4) What exactly does herbal lore mastery do for rangers?

5) Why doesn't infusion/ancient weaponry work when soloing as archer?

6) What effects the reload speed for bows? Is it just archery skill?

7) Do monsters in the OW have a lower chance to drop treasure?

8) What does deceitful contraptions mastery do and does it help with fishing traps? I know it doesn't raise with fishing traps.

9) How does wp_secondary work in regards to archery? I know there is an earlier post that guidance is chance for it to happen. But does infusing blood do anything and why can't I seem to change the spellbinding spell. Is spell surge the only one to work? I've never been able to use razor shard spell binding.
zeffyr
Supporting Member 2017

guild leadership

Post by zeffyr »

What determines if a person can lead a guild? Is it just the person with the most skills in the entire guild, or for guilds like Army that have multiple branches, are the skill points totaled only in that sub branch? If trying to lead entire guild, then skills are totaled in all branches, or only the "common" branches shared by all?

Also, is there a timeout period...ie if player X just got leads, but player Y has more skills (assuming leadership is based by most skill points), player Y cannot take over the guild for at least 24 hours?
odovacar
Supporting Member 2013

Moon cycles

Post by odovacar »

How do moon cycles work? There's no reference in 'help calendar' or 'help hours'. Do they rise in a specific hour? How often are they full? Are there phase shifts between Lhundaer and Aythzilla? etc.
Thanks!
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.