Mythbusting Icesus

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

zeffyr
Supporting Member 2017

summary stats

Post by zeffyr »

What goes into calculating who the leader is of "summary stats"? Is it the person with the highest average damage for the given skill, where the average is taken from his unidle time? Or simply the single battle round to generate the most damage? So a lucky roll of the dice and a callous hit could win the lead?
zeffyr
Supporting Member 2017

elder race

Post by zeffyr »

Tell us about the elder race title. Person who plays that race the longest without reincarnating, and also an active login within 1 month?
zeffyr
Supporting Member 2017

cooking

Post by zeffyr »

I once heard that if you had cooking skill high enough, the food produced would regen some hp/ep. Myth or fact?
zeffyr
Supporting Member 2017

mob too weak

Post by zeffyr »

When you are in a party, what determines if a mob is too weak? The player with the highest exp? A cummulative of the party memebers exp? Other?
ezenya
Supporting Member 2017

Post by ezenya »

EP time

1)
does necromancy % over 100 have any effect while using haunt?

2)
i remember you saying you might introduce an system where ep's stats would affect minions damage etc, so i assume this is not the case at this point?

3)
how does the spells work with haunt, they all get their damagetypes converted to lets say magical, yet i get messages from monster resisting one spell, and not the other, while they share damagetype this is weird.

4)
does haunting a, lets say, skeleton have less effect on your damage than haunting max minion, the herald? or do they just affect the damagetype and specials, nothing else? also, is haunt's effectiveness affected by stats/spelldmg? also does minions level affect damage of haunt spells?
5)
what is the purpose of erosion, it doesnt seem to apply on big mobs and eq mobs, they all just resist the spell. how can i make it work?

6)
does protection against nether lower the negative effect nethers havem or prevent them if you are affected the spell when you die?

7 )
stats. do they matter? i actually do better with haunt and a tank while wearing my spr set with nothing else, due to ticks and the fact haunt uses sp so fast, than wearing my stat/spelldamage set.

8)
masteries (secrets of earth, nether flux) ive been getting similar messgegs (mainly crit cap(SPASMS)) with earth coffin all the way back from 60%ish masteries to 100% and heard that people with lower than 60% masteries also get SPASMS with it. do they actually do anything? i do believe nether flux affects drain cap tho. Soulburn does have higher cap on crit (primal scream) tho, but that spell doesnt have as much use as earth coffin etc due to requirements on mob being lower than 30% for it to work, and is usefull at eq but not exping so much.

9)
skills. only skill that according to desc adds power to spells is earth doctrine, which cannot be found as shards, therefore cant get it higher than 115% with blessings and that extra 15% didnt do anything as expected. but earth rituals,spirit lore? they help with damage? or with anything?

10)
nether rift. what is this. its damage is minimal, interrupts unreliable at best. what is its function or is it just a relic from old old times?
Last edited by ezenya on Sun May 17, 2015 23:57 pm, edited 10 times in total.
jon
Supporting Member 2009

Luck

Post by jon »

How luck system affects generally game? What raises luck and what lowers it? Is there any caps? Is it affecting to dice command?

How i can fail 105% spell three time in row and then then success next 100 castings.. some weird counter forces you to fail?
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

What actual effects (good or bad) does riding a mount offer?

Would a small player race benefit from the mount's size in combat? (mold man riding a mammoth)
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

Templars have tools of swift justice and tools of hard justice.

What do they actually do with natural weapons / melee weapons / thrown weapons / projectile ranged combat (archery, slings)

Swift justice should influence speed, and hard justice should do something for strength bonuses, but is that actually the case? Are the bonuses fixed, or relating to weapon's base attributes (hard augmenting greatswords more than daggers etc)

Can hard justice effects be seen on the messages you get in melee or otherwise?
Internet tough guy

solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

Does 'ambidexterity' score help with weapon+shield combat styles with/without sword and board (you normally make no attacks with your shield -> shield points get directed to primary hand?), or when dual-gripping a single weapon?

Is it an effect that only affects offense?
Internet tough guy

torvus

Post by torvus »

What determines which weapon you counter-attack with? Seems like every time I see one I end up using my shield for it.
torvus

Post by torvus »

What determines which weapon you counter-attack with? Seems like every time I see one I end up using my shield for it.
torvus

Post by torvus »

zare
Supporting Member 2011

Post by zare »

Is it possible to get a list of what monsters will spawn in what terrain in the OW and the percentage chance of them doing so?
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

Are hit styles different from each other?

In ye olden times, it was said that 'slash' was the best hit style, was this maybe because slash was associated with aiming combat style, or does it just have higher bonuses? Or was this just a myth?

When a melee hit is made, and that hit gets accompanied with a hit style, does the base message reflect this increase in damage from the hit style?

Is firmly strike + hit style ~the same amount of damage
as firmly strike without a hit style?

Or is it just happenstance that attacks with hit style seem to have elevated base hit message? (At least it looked like it when the base hits themselves were not that damaging, and the messages were less apart from each other)

Offensive is the only combat style that gets affected by two hit styles. Does it gain twice the chance for full effect, or how does it actually benefit from that aspect?
Internet tough guy

phyroks
Supporting Member 2018

Post by phyroks »

About Little people's league

Champion of the little people: Effects: Increases effective size for battle, no real size change.
A) About how much does this effect your size in combat? halfling for example.

Nutcracker:Effects: Additional melee damage against larger enemies.
B) Does this mean that everything larger than my size (120cm halfling) takes extra damage or is there some other way this is determined?

C) Does champion of the little people effect nutcracker and require even larger monsters for it to work?