Mythbusting Icesus

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

belannaer
Wizard

Mythbusting Icesus

Post by belannaer »

A lot of players have different kinds of myths or rumours about Icesus and how things work while no one really has idea what exactly is going on. I get a lot of questions about how for example certain skill works or what it affects or why some things are how they are. Good example recently was the magical stats affecting weapon damage discussion on chat.

So I decided to make a thread dedicated for those kinds of questions. You can ask anything that's on your mind in this thread and I will answer all of them and try to explain if they are true or not and how they exactly work so people don't need to wonder anymore. It should work as FAQ for new players and everyone else too.

This thread will be solely dedicated for the questions and I will make an another thread later on where I will compile my answers so you don't need to skim through the whole thread to find them. Answers are here: http://www.icesus.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?p=9924.

So shoot away!

PS. Please do not discuss about things in this thread, just post questions.
Last edited by belannaer on Sat Nov 24, 2012 21:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dracu
Supporting Member 2017

Post by dracu »

Ok, first of all thanks for this thread. I hope it will prove useful to people!

Now a question. Personally i've wondered about Armour class. Is ac always the same between armour types.

So for example. Is good ac the same on dragonscale leggings as good ac on full plate leggings? And if so, why?

EDIT: Sorry for being confusing. What i meant to ask. Does heavy armours provide more damage reduction than light armours?
Last edited by dracu on Sat Nov 24, 2012 19:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Embracing the darkness is the only solution to this madness.
lipides
Supporting Member 2011

Post by lipides »

Why does it seem that the inborn psionicist have higher crit ratio and have easier time of probing monsters than what main infecti has ?
diu
Supporting Member 2016

Post by diu »

I want to know everything about fishing and lures!
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

1. Does the skill "tuning" actually have the functionality its helpfile (no longer available for mortals) says it does?

2. There are allegedly rooms in Fikrik's glacier that no one (players, once it made into the game) has ever been to. Is this true, and are they accessible without ungettable items?

3. Is it just a quirk of RNG, or does your own elemental phase actually make it more likely to fail spells (priests? non-priests?) ?

4. Is/Was Drowsy's bad dice luck a personal tune?
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
drakken

Enhanced Criticals

Post by drakken »

Is there a difference between having 100 str, 70 dex, versus 110str, 60dex as far as the amount a critical hit is enhanced? I guess I'm wondering as far as enhanced crits, if you have x amount of dex, would it be better to ignore training dex and just keep training str up higher and higher?

It always seemed like I did better with 100,70 versus 110,60, as if there was some kind of minimum requirement in dex or something.

Also, what parts of the weapon determine crit size?
I've noticed a considerable difference with crits when using a mithril mace compared to a stone club.
Last edited by drakken on Sat Nov 24, 2012 20:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
tenki
Supporting Member 2018

Post by tenki »

Is there a reason for DF drain while having nether effects on even without having anything on that would use DF. And without doing anything else than idling.
arkose

Post by arkose »

With sd devotion, is there any benefit to devotion between titles or is there only any kind of benefit after the title is received.

Say i get a title at 260k dev, is there any benefit to having 265k dev or is it just when i reach the 270k mark?
drakken

Stuff

Post by drakken »

What determines the chance to get this: You conjure up UTMOST rage from your inner beast as you attack Young chitine!

Only get one every 2 days or so, so I would guess its charisma or something like that.

Would blessing the skill ways of walmor be of any noticeable use?
gildemoron
Supporting Member 2012

Post by gildemoron »

Is it true that shooting with higher str lowers ep cost?
dracu
Supporting Member 2017

Post by dracu »

What does +speed stat do in weapons? Does it give a chance for extra attacks, does it directly give extra attacks or does it lower the needed assign amount to roll an attack. Or something else? What?
Embracing the darkness is the only solution to this madness.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

dracu wrote:What does +speed stat do in weapons? Does it give a chance for extra attacks, does it directly give extra attacks or does it lower the needed assign amount to roll an attack. Or something else? What?
...and I am wondering if +speed in shields (well, why not in weapons, too) makes them better in defensive use, like less def assigns needed to get a parry attempt etc. And if speed is a factor, then wouldn't it be better to have a fast shield when you've got max+ def skills, since you're up against more hits per second from the foes you run at that level?

Edit:
Question: How do different damage feedback messages scale compared to one another? Is there something along the lines that two "moans" equal one "writhes" and two "writhes" one "cries" or some such fixed percentage-multiplier?
Last edited by solar on Sun Nov 25, 2012 00:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
drakken

Frost Dragon weapons

Post by drakken »

Is it because of the material of the Frost Dragon's weapons, that they do not do as much damage?
Always seems like mithril, adamantium, and iceron weapons do much better.
ghir
Supporting Member 2011

Post by ghir »

You spoke of heavy armour penalties in your previous answer and how high/maxed skills would almost remove the penalties. Are you referring to some defence related penalties, the str/dex hinderance, highly increased ep usage or perhaps all of those things? The one thing that completely kills using heavy armours in any form of melee situation other than full defence is the ep usage (compared to light armours) even with maxed skills and I'm not sure the situation differs much between 50% and 100% skill.

Why does troll regen less than 10 sp per tick even if you have over 40 spregen from level bonuses? Major spr doesn't seem to help much at all either. Does the base spr every race has influence the tick rates so hugely or is it some troll only special? (also makes trolls useless in just about any guild now that you have sp usage through secondary guilds etc.)

I'd also like to ask something regarding melee bug/variance between log-ins and the reinc bug but if anyone knew answers to those..
arkose

Post by arkose »

also, does the skill 'secrets of assassination' actually affect the damage of stabs or does it only affect critical stabs. I've heard it only reduces fumbles and increases damage of critical stabs. What does it actually do?