Banned for accidental PK because wizard is powerhungry nazi?

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

lipides
Supporting Member 2011

Banned for accidental PK because wizard is powerhungry nazi?

Post by lipides »

So today I accidentally hit an area spell for 2 low level players. Apologized from both of them and received a reply "No problem, it happens"

Few hours later, I'm banned because wizard decides it's not OK to have accidents and be forgiven from them?´

And from the wizards words: x tells you 'Et sitten kompensoinut kun tapoit neepoi'. WTF do I need to compensate? Run them exp? give them money? items? shards?

Why on earth does this mud have area of effect spells that hit players if you are punished for using them.

What kind of utter bullshit is this? Nazi life heil hitler forever
tenet
Supporting Member 2015

Post by tenet »

I was on the receiving end of such an accident recently and I can tell you that it isn't a big deal at all. You die, you ress, you lose a little XP (I lost 100k) and then you just move on.

I guess you could say I'm a newbie. I'm not sure why it requires disciplinary action. Sounds a bit overkill.

If it is such a big problem that it requires punishment, then AOEs should simply not hit other players in non-PK areas.

"What kind of utter bullshit is this? Nazi life heil hitler forever" - That's a bit harsh, isn't it? You make a fair point with your post, but your wording isn't helping your case.
terces

Post by terces »

Your words did not shine the truth about accident, but in the end I asked the newbie(s)
that were unidle if you compensated them in any ways, of which you apparently only sent them "lol sorry" tell,
and some loose explanations why it happened. Hence it looked from my point of view that this was for the lulz.
You can always try to contact admin(s) to make your view known, (I did sent you a tell when you were unidle,
but you didn't answer anything) but sending nazi hitler post(s) definately isn't the right way to go. To be honest,
in normal cases it could increase the length of ban.

++ Terces
lipides
Supporting Member 2011

Post by lipides »

terces wrote:Your words did not shine the truth about accident, but in the end I asked the newbie(s)
that were unidle if you compensated them in any ways, of which you apparently only sent them "lol sorry" tell,
and some loose explanations why it happened. Hence it looked from my point of view that this was for the lulz.
You can always try to contact admin(s) to make your view known, (I did sent you a tell when you were unidle,
but you didn't answer anything) but sending nazi hitler post(s) definately isn't the right way to go. To be honest,
in normal cases it could increase the length of ban.

++ Terces
And since I know wizards have ability to see tells made by players you could dig up the logs (if you weren't a lazy fuck who just does whatever he wants because he has power for it) You would see that I genuinely apologized for the both of them. But since it is so hard for you to actually put any effort on the matter and use your wizard power in anyway you want, I'm really not "surprised" about this.

Oh and for the nazi part, I'm dead-fucking-serious and I really think your powers of handling in game issues should be revoked and given to someone with a tad more sense.
dracu
Supporting Member 2017

Post by dracu »

Embracing the darkness is the only solution to this madness.