ICECON 2017

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

juggelo

ICECON 2017

Post by juggelo »

AHOY AHOY!

It is time. Convention time.

Place: Valklampi in Nuuksio Finland.
Time: 28-30.7.2017

So, again Icesussians convene in merry spirits in a spacious cabin (230m²) in the most wonderful Nuuksio national park. The cabin has all necessary amenities, and places to crash for about twenty people in rooms inside, and plenty of space for more if you bring own equipment or are not that picky regarding under which table you will pass out. Naturally Diu will always accommodate a spooner or ten by him.

The cabin's milieu is located deep in the midst of Nuuksio's grandiose old natural reservation by beautiful Valklampi by which there is a wood-lit sauna with spacious pier overlooking the pond and good installations for enjoying a campfire-circle and outdoors barbecue.

As last time, there will be some communal food and beverages, however everyone is encouraged to bring their own nutrients and refreshments to the occasion.

The event is again sponsored by Jää RY, and thus everyone is welcome to join. Free of charge. Remember, it's only a game, so you can come join us disregarding whatever grudges and bamboozled eqtrain-traumas that might haunt you in your nights. Rumour has it that conventions can heal such otherwise permanent trauma and provide entertainment for others in terms of great tales.

You can find more information regarding the place in Finnish from: http://www.greenwindow.fi/contents/show/15
And in english from: http://en.greenwindow.fi/contents/show/35

There will be further info regarding potential communal transportation to and from the place here in future, and you're
encouraged to pester your friendly mudders for your own arrangements.

Please, post a message here or send a to Darnel or me in Icesus if you are planning to join the convention,
so we can better handle running arrangements as we know how many are coming.

Oh, and even if you're still teetering between coming or not, ask for an invitation to the private coni+ channel to get hyped for it.

WOOP WOOP!

-CONVENTION ADMINS

Ps. Don't leave foodstuffs outside even wrapped in packages as there will be moles, badgers and dire humanoids that might scavenge and spoil your goods in the morning hours. Including bananas.

How to get there (unfortunately in finnish -- ask if you need it in english)

Osoite: Valklammentie, 03220 Tervalampi
Monet GPS:t tunnistavat paremmin vanhan osoitteen, eli Lamminpääntie 645, Veikkola 02880.

Huom! Valklampi sijaitsee Vihdin puolella; Nuuksiossa on useampia Valk/Valkealampia.

Ajo-ohje :

1. Valklammelle ajetaan Veikkolan kautta: Turunväylältä Veikkolan liittymästä ylös.

2. Liittymätien päätyttyä liikenneympyrä, josta 1. tie oikealle Veikkolan keskustaan.

3. Parin sadan metrin päässä 2. liikenneympyrä, tästä päätietä suoraan, eli 2. tie oikealle.

4. Liikenneympyrästä noin 100 metrin päästä oikealle Lamminpääntie, risteyksessä myös iso kyltti â€�Kurjolampiâ€� ja "Elohovi". Risteyksestä matkaa Valklammelle noin 5,8 km.

5. Seuraa matkalla Lamminpääntietä ja Elohovin/Kurjolammen kylttejä.

6. Lamminpääntien lopussa (uusissa kartoissa jatkuu Kurjolammentienä) Y-ristys, jossa vasemmalle kyltti â€�Elohoviâ€� ja oikealle kyltti Valklampi 1,7 km sekä Kelkkala.

HUOM! Y-RISTEYKSESTÄ NÄKYY ELOHOVIN PIHALLE!

7. Parin sadan metrin päässä kyltti Valklammentie ja puomi, josta läpi, Valklammelle noin 1,2 km. (Vasemmalle samasta kohtaa kyltti Kelkkala, ÄLKÄÄ ajako sinne.)
Last edited by juggelo on Thu Jun 08, 2017 19:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darnel
Supporting Member 2011

Post by darnel »

Count me in!
bandar
Supporting Member 2018

Post by bandar »

o/
Gonna have my own banana, so won't need donations this time :D
... and the couch is mine!
drael
Supporting Member 2017

Post by drael »

o/
kaikki liha tottelee.
diu
Supporting Member 2016

Post by diu »

Can I come too?!
aranek
Supporting Member 2011

Post by aranek »

I'll be around! I might have to leave in between for another engagement, but I'll return to the crime scene after that :-)
loffie
Supporting Member 2012

Post by loffie »

_o/
drakken

Icecon and Server

Post by drakken »

Wish I could make it. Have fun!

Also, the server is down? It says connected to host icesus.org, but it never prompts for a login for us over here. It doesn't send any info to us.
Its been that way for a few hours.

Sincerely,

Drakken
daic
Supporting Member 2015

Post by daic »

o/
Little Orcs, Burarum!
They come with axes, they come with fire, gnawing, biting, burning hacking, breaking!
Destroyers and usurpers curse them!
tude
Supporting Member 2017

Post by tude »

hail in!
gidriel
Supporting Member 2019

Post by gidriel »

cunt me in 75%
mardraum

Post by mardraum »

\o/
ezenya
Supporting Member 2017

Post by ezenya »

i will say the same thing i did last year: i may come, or may not, i live in the moment and i cant say if i have even 1euro left at the end of the month, or if i have the money, do i feel like coming or not :P
sriel
Supporting Member 2016

Post by sriel »

sowilo

Post by sowilo »

I am interested in coming, but I don't feel like braving the wilderness by myself through half the country, so if someone can pick me up with their car from ~Oulu, then that would be awesome.

So basically, up to the coachman.