ICECON 2018

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

juggelo

ICECON 2018

Post by juggelo »

HEAR YE! HEAR YE!

Convention time again!

TL;DR.

CONVENTION AT VALKLAMPI NUUKSIO 27-29.7.2018. Be there or be [].

The magnificently capable, strikingly handsome and humble convention overlords have spent trifle effort at calculating the movements of countless celestial objects and casually figured out that the focal point of All That Matters is directly focused with laser-liker precision at Valklampi in the wondrous forest of Nuuksio in late July. 27-29.7.2018 to be exact.

All able bodied Icesussians and Diu are expected to gather at the very accommodating premises for a weekend of festivities. You are well advised to bring your highest party spirits, beverages and other nutrition. There are, as always, some communal consumables which you can devour. And you should, lest we have to carry them back again.

Regarding the premises.. the main cabin is large and well equipped, with tables, seats, proper kitchen and plenty of cushioned sleeping areas for up to twenty people. On top of that there is ample room for you to set your camp up with whatever equipment you happen to bring with you. In any case you should bring a sleeping bag and or bed linen to not leave a sweaty mess.

Outside the main cabin there is good campfire area and an excellent wood-warmed sauna with a terrace from which there is direct access to a pier that overlooks the idyllic pond of Valklampi.

Check out the private coni+ channel (and ask for invitation if you don't have one) for details regarding communal transportation from nearby areas or other cities. It also helps to Ask as there are people coming in from further away.

Without further adieu, post a message here if you are coming so we can better plan the event. You can also contact Darnel, me or people at the coni+ channel if you have further questions.

If you have not visited a convention before, don't be shy, for it is memorable and fun. For those who have, no further persuasion is required. Ask mr. Manners 'The Great White Hunter From Across The Gulf' Manners if you are a foreigner teetering on coming and have doubts.

Oh, and in case you are wondering if you can afford it? Fear not, for the convention is once again sponsored by the Powers That Be and thus the rent of the milieu need not concern you.

WOOP WOOP!

-CONVENTION ADMINS

Ps. Don't leave foodstuffs outside as animals and dire humanoids might spoil your goods in the wee hours. This includes bananas.

How to get there (unfortunately in finnish -- ask if you need it in english)

Osoite: Valklammentie, 03220 Tervalampi
Monet GPS:t tunnistavat paremmin vanhan osoitteen, eli Lamminpääntie 645, Veikkola 02880.

Huom! Valklampi sijaitsee Vihdin puolella; Nuuksiossa on useampia Valk/Valkealampia.

Ajo-ohje :

1. Valklammelle ajetaan Veikkolan kautta: Turunväylältä Veikkolan liittymästä ylös.

2. Liittymätien päätyttyä liikenneympyrä, josta 1. tie oikealle Veikkolan keskustaan.

3. Parin sadan metrin päässä 2. liikenneympyrä, tästä päätietä suoraan, eli 2. tie oikealle.

4. Liikenneympyrästä noin 100 metrin päästä oikealle Lamminpääntie, risteyksessä myös iso kyltti â€�Kurjolampiâ€� ja "Elohovi". Risteyksestä matkaa Valklammelle noin 5,8 km.

5. Seuraa matkalla Lamminpääntietä ja Elohovin/Kurjolammen kylttejä.

6. Lamminpääntien lopussa (uusissa kartoissa jatkuu Kurjolammentienä) Y-ristys, jossa vasemmalle kyltti â€�Elohoviâ€� ja oikealle kyltti Valklampi 1,7 km sekä Kelkkala.

HUOM! Y-RISTEYKSESTÄ NÄKYY ELOHOVIN PIHALLE!

7. Parin sadan metrin päässä kyltti Valklammentie ja puomi, josta läpi, Valklammelle noin 1,2 km. (Vasemmalle samasta kohtaa kyltti Kelkkala, ÄLKÄÄ ajako sinne.)
sriel
Supporting Member 2016

Post by sriel »

loffie
Supporting Member 2012

Post by loffie »

_o/
tude
Supporting Member 2017

Post by tude »

hail satan!
daic
Supporting Member 2015

Post by daic »

o/
Little Orcs, Burarum!
They come with axes, they come with fire, gnawing, biting, burning hacking, breaking!
Destroyers and usurpers curse them!
pixu
Supporting Member 2019

Post by pixu »

incoming
ezenya
Supporting Member 2017

Post by ezenya »

count me in! If anyone is going there or returning from there through Kuopio or closeby areas and might be able to pick me up, let me know fast (ingame)!
aranek
Supporting Member 2011

Post by aranek »

I'll be there if I'm able to visit Finland at that time. I won't know until early to mid July :/
drael
Supporting Member 2017

Post by drael »

o/
kaikki liha tottelee.
bandar
Supporting Member 2018

Post by bandar »

I'm in with my own bananas... and the sofa is mine!
sriel
Supporting Member 2016

Post by sriel »