ICECON 2022

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

ezenya
Supporting Member 2017

ICECON 2022

Post by ezenya »

FOOD LIST OF WHO BRINGS WHAT FOR PUBLIC USE (feel free to add):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Seasons Greetings!

"The Coronation -- Re-Resurgence".

Valklampi, Nuuksio beckons.

It is time once again to drink mead and eat the ABSOLUTELY STOMACH TURNING cookings of Kiaran and company (I know, I will go hungry for this joke), as well as to see familiar and hopefully new faces as well in the spirit of celebration!
Short description of the event this year, the nether effects from last nights Vappu-eve are still going strong...

Mead, friendly board games, good food and sauna, these are the things Icecon is made of!
If you require directions in english, they will be given at some point.

But beware... rumors have been heard of sauna-gollums and tarp goblins that haunt the con....

The Convention convenes from 29.7.2022 to 31.7.2022.

BASIC INFORMATION:

Free of charge for all. If you wish to contribute, join Jää Ry, bribe Convention Overlords or bring something to share.

If you are wondering about coming from abroad, do not hesitate to make contact and we'll help you arrange things.

For those not in the know, the scenic location is by a pond deep within the Nuuksio National Park. The premises are reserved solely for our party. The primary accommodation is a large cabin with basic amenities and several rooms with bedding. By the cabin, near the pond the pond, is a grilling area for campfires et al, and continuing the trail a bit further there is a picturesque wood-lit sauna with a sizeable pier overlooking the inviting waters of the pond. The sauna might or might not have a password.

There will be some common consumables shared between participants, however you are encouraged to bring your own nutrition and beverages. Also, bring sleeping bag/bedlinen.

Follow this thread for potential changes due to potential force majeures.

-- Convention Overlords.

TL;DR:
Icecon 2022 @ Valklampi, Nuuksio (old, familiar spot)
29.7 - 31.7. Be there or be []
Ask here, on coni+ (ingame) or contact Darnel or Loffie in game for more information.

================================================

How to get there:

Osoite: Valklammentie, 03220 Tervalampi
Monet GPS:t tunnistavat paremmin vanhan osoitteen, eli Lamminpääntie 645, Veikkola 02880.

Huom! Valklampi sijaitsee Vihdin puolella; Nuuksiossa on useampia Valk/Valkealampia.

Ajo-ohje :

1. Valklammelle ajetaan Veikkolan kautta: Turunväylältä Veikkolan liittymästä ylös.

2. Liittymätien päätyttyä liikenneympyrä, josta 1. tie oikealle Veikkolan keskustaan.

3. Parin sadan metrin päässä 2. liikenneympyrä, tästä päätietä suoraan, eli 2. tie oikealle.

4. Liikenneympyrästä noin 100 metrin päästä oikealle Lamminpääntie, risteyksessä myös iso kyltti "Kurjolampi" ja "Elohovi". Risteyksestä matkaa Valklammelle noin 5,8 km.

5. Seuraa matkalla Lamminpääntietä ja Elohovin/Kurjolammen kylttejä.

6. Lamminpääntien lopussa (uusissa kartoissa jatkuu Kurjolammentienä) Y-ristys, jossa vasemmalle kyltti "Elohovi" ja oikealle kyltti Valklampi 1,7 km sekä Kelkkala.

HUOM! Y-RISTEYKSESTÄ NÄKYY ELOHOVIN PIHALLE!

7. Parin sadan metrin päässä kyltti Valklammentie ja puomi, josta läpi, Valklammelle noin 1,2 km. (Vasemmalle samasta kohtaa kyltti Kelkkala, ÄLKÄÄ ajako sinne.)
Last edited by ezenya on Mon May 02, 2022 16:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ezenya
Supporting Member 2017

Re: ICECON 2022

Post by ezenya »

Pixu is coming. Me most likely too.
jared
Supporting Member 2018

Post by jared »

I shall participate the merry event
kiaran
Supporting Member 2019

Post by kiaran »

Attending.

Also needing some information if the attendees have any food allergies so I can tweak the recipes if necessary.

The premeditated meal plan of Chef Kiaran:

Lunch:
Reindeer herding
Mashed taters
Handmade lingonberry jam
Feta Salad

Dinner
Tortillas which include:
Tomato, cucumber, cheese, minced meat with beans, sour cream, bell pepper, salsa, lettuce, chipped nachos, jalapenos (will listen to ideas for other ingredients)

Optional: hot sauce which is... hot af boiiiiiii

Both meals will be served on Saturday since I won't be able to cook anything fancy in Friday or Sunday because of several reasons which can be traced to poor decision-making of your's truly.
Last edited by kiaran on Fri May 13, 2022 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
shalafi
Supporting Member 2014

Post by shalafi »

YES DOOOD! KIARAN IS COMING! [-o<

i'm there.
bandar
Supporting Member 2018

Post by bandar »

THE Sofa is mine!
lipides
Supporting Member 2011

Post by lipides »

I heard rumors of Reizar, Harac and Lipides are already driving towards the location...

The north arrives...Winter is coming.
drael
Supporting Member 2017

Post by drael »

maybe o/
kaikki liha tottelee.
loffie
Supporting Member 2012

Post by loffie »

Coming!
dileany

Post by dileany »

Pitäiskö :D :-k
bandar
Supporting Member 2018

Post by bandar »

Rharda is coming(couldnt register atm, so making sure he gets a bunk)
Squiron

Post by Squiron »

I will be attending
phyroks
Supporting Member 2018

Post by phyroks »

Will join!
kzagr

Post by kzagr »

Was planning to join, but looks like I have work-related duties that week. If I'm not too busy I might stop by for a short visit as I live nearby.
kiaran
Supporting Member 2019

Post by kiaran »

kiaran wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 15:02 pm Attending.

Also needing some information if the attendees have any food allergies so I can tweak the recipes if necessary.

The premeditated meal plan of Chef Kiaran:

Lunch:
Reindeer herding
Mashed taters
Handmade lingonberry jam
Feta Salad

Dinner
Tortillas which include:
Tomato, cucumber, cheese, minced meat with beans, sour cream, bell pepper, salsa, lettuce, chipped nachos, jalapenos (will listen to ideas for other ingredients)

Optional: hot sauce which is... hot af boiiiiiii

Both meals will be served on Saturday since I won't be able to cook anything fancy in Friday or Sunday because of several reasons which can be traced to poor decision-making of your's truly.
Talked about the financing of these things with Loffie and ended up pooling the expenses of the materials from the eaters. So please list yourself up in https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0 if you want to eat, so i can buy the right amount of foods and keep the expenses right for each person!

EDIT: there will be a veggie version of the tortillas too for the plant based peepos! Unfortunately vegan reindeer is a myth.

EDIT2: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0 added
Last edited by kiaran on Thu Jul 21, 2022 15:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.