Event: Kill a prestigious monster!

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

ezenya
Supporting Member 2017

Event: Kill a prestigious monster!

Post by ezenya »

Some answers to general questions about the event:

If you so choose, you can spend exp on moon orbs and lower your totals to be eligible.
You can only get rewards with 1 character.
PDF is shared between main and secondary, so you benefit both characters, but no, no double PDF reward for using both chars in the event.

The main idea of the event is to give more incentive for lowbies to learn the basics of EQ, so supporting them is encouraged, however there wont be any special rewards for doing so, outside the rewards of the event, other than the warm fuzzy feeling you get for being a cool dude/dudette.

About rule 3:
"You are allowed to ask for hints on what to kill and/or where to start
looking, and partymembers are allowed to show the way but they need to be with you all they way through the kill."
<- Even if you are dead when the kill happens you are still counted in. Basic idea is just that the one who shows the way to the monster cant just leave after guiding.
Similar rules apply than in normal EQ runs: as long as the leader (or some other
member in party) knows how to kill/find the monster, it is allowed to lead the way as long as you confirm to the basic idea above.

Solo kills are accepted.
The prestigious monster needs to drop loot = glowy loot, so no, Poltergeists or Animated armours do not count, and coins/non-glow items do NOT count as loot.
Due to me not thinking this through, I will accept logs of the kills to ease the lives of US players (and my own): Sending the death report of the monster (to show the participants, REMEMBER to include a mention of any possible camp healers!) with time of the kill (server time) in mail to me is accepted. However, if you are caught cheating there will be consequences.

You get small amount of PDF for each different prestigious monster you kill (within the event rules)
You can go over the exp limits during the event, I took a snapshot of totals of the ppl in the "danger zone" at 14.6.2022