Learning Bonus'

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Learning Bonus'

Post by janeti »

Why aren't they persistant, like masteries. You have to put a lot of work in to get them and for those skills you can also train learning can be a disadvantage, unlike with masteries. I presume that there IS a reason, rather than simply that no-one has every wanted it that way.

Or a least semi-persistant, so you retain SOME over each re-inc, that can then be increased in the next inc.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

oh but they are!

Post by solar »

If I understood you correctly, I wish to point out that small portion of the skills that have raised by themselves do indeed stay over to the next reinc... and to the reinc after that and so on... These skills do include improvised combinations, foam, archery, throwing etc.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

As a low level healer, my most powerful damage spell was 'Bladed wind' (name migh be wrong, it was a loong time ago). Unfortunatelly i only was able to train that spell to 10 or 20% so i failed a lot. Thats when i started useing 'rite of success'. I used it so much, i got really good at it. Something like 45% in rite of success i gained by doing (a lot of time invested there). Eventually my bladed wind made 4 sweeps across the room, instead of one- all thanks to that rite.
I had rite of success background bonus for the next 4 reincs. It was really useful as a shadowdancer...

Try skills -bg, to see if you have any bonuses from previous lives. Most common ones are camping, skinning, carving, hunting - all those nifty skills you never train.
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Bonus'

Post by janeti »

Maybe I haven't re-inced with sufficient bonus' often enough to notice. I've only re-inced a few times.

Any idea how that would work when you get further practice in the current inc, does it add, use the highest or what when it comes time for the next inc.