New lite-options?

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

zaec

New lite-options?

Post by zaec »

You can already lite channels, players, monsters and rooms.
I think adding a possibility to lite money, items, weapons and armours would be veery great option too. Why isn't it done, I don't know. Maybe causes too much lag or anyone just have not though it could be secessary? in the room there are always piles of items, armours and weapons. adding lites to each category would be nice, helps to get a better glance on the room in general. Tell me what you think?
felgand

Post by felgand »

As long as these lighting options remain completely optional, I've no problem with them though that's a lot of extra ansi color coding. :P
zaec

Post by zaec »

the little i know about ansi coding i don't think that shouldn't be any time consuming business. And of course optional for everyone =)
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Using a good mud client is an alternative of course. Like Z-mud (not that its one of the good ones, but) has quite a range for customisation. I already have use Zmud to highlighted most keywords and sentences that require my attentsion.

But of course, if you are limited to your options, it would be nice if such things were suppored on server side.
zaec

Post by zaec »

once i tried to make lites for all armours and weapons but its nearly impossible to lite chitin scale mail cuirass and dragonscale gloves of archery for example without having the channel messages that players write and other rooms messages which may contain the word 'sword' of 'cuirass' etc.etc.