Wizards keeping low profile (whine about tunes)

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

solar
Supporting Member 2020

Wizards keeping low profile (whine about tunes)

Post by solar »

I wouldn't like to point accusing fingers at anyone specific, but I'd like to see guild-specific tunes also broadcasted on game-info or something.

Like 'guild XXX's skill YYY got a major downtune, now one must wield a weapon in _both hands_ for it to work at all.' (crude example, but should it have happened, I would have liked to know about it)

I find it hard to find out about any tunes that have occured, since I only have access to one guild channel (at most) at any given time.

Some wizards just keep a 'hush hush'- extra-low profile when their guilds get tuned/tweaked/changed.

Honorable mention: I learned about rangers 'powder'-tune from a templar (on a private channel), who had seen it mentioned on his guild (templar) channel, but the specifics were not given then. So that's like '3rd hand information', but it got through!

It would be helpful to know what's going on and therefore not do any 'blind' reincs.

Please, inform me(/us) in some way when tunes take place, even if it's about slight tunes that affect only a few.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Yes, very true. Also in making changes that have nothing to do with tune or don't otherwize have a clear reason, the wizards should discuss such changes with more than just one person.

Example: The shadowdancers dark glow in their eyes got removed because someone though it wasn't cool, any more- or so i was told. So the other players opinion does not matter?

I can understand that the wizards have the right to decide anything and that player opinion has nothing to do with skills being out of tune, but changeing 'decorational' things just because one person said he didn't like it?
felgand

Post by felgand »

As much as we all appreciate being kept in the loop, the wizards (rightfully) are under no obligation to have to broadcast every tune they make. In the end, this game is provided to you as basically a free service, supported through donations and hard work on the wizards' part.
stalker
Wizard

Post by stalker »

Concealing information feeds imagination, though striking the right balance in game transparency is far from easy. Anyway, it's not like we wizards would be too lazy to announce even the smallest of changes but rather that it would perhaps be detrimental to the game.

Oh well, this comment wasn't very helpful. :wink:
Stalker
solar
Supporting Member 2020

A-ha, so you READ these after all!

Post by solar »

stalker wrote:Oh well, this comment wasn't very helpful. :wink:
Sure it was! Now I know that someone drew the shortest draw and had to answer this post, or that at least one wizard has read this ,)
Internet tough guy

solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

Oh no, now why couldn't I think of what Allanon suggested. I must be getting old or something... Good thing I still know how to read - text or between the lines, as helpful skill as any.
Internet tough guy