VOTE: The best character name of Icesus

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

atreus
Supporting Member 2006

VOTE: The best character name of Icesus

Post by atreus »

Now is your chance to voice your opinion and vote for the Best character name of Icesus!

Rules:
  • * Any character (mortal or immortal) existing in the game when the voting begins is eligible to vote. If a player is removed from the game before the voting period ends, that vote will be disregarded.
    * You may vote for any character (mortal or immortal) other than yourself.
    * You may only vote for player characters, so no Crimson Death votes, please.
    * You may only vote for one character and only once - every vote from a player voting more than once will be ignored. If you can't vote just once don't vote at all.
    * You may only vote for a character that exists in the game when the voting begins. If a voted character is removed from the game before the voting period ends, all votes for that character will be disregarded and there will be no second attempts for those voting for that character.
    * Once you cast your vote it's final, so think before you act.
    * I will not disclose information concerning the votes during the voting period to anyone, for any reason, so don't even ask.
    * All votes MUST be delivered to me (Atreus) either by mudmail or in-game tells. Any other means - including replies to this forum post - will be ignored.
Voting time:
  • * Voting begins on January 1st 2005 at 00:00 EET (GMT+2h)
    * Voting ends on January 31st 2005 at 23:59 EET
Prizes for the winners:
  • * 1st prize: 1,000,000 cash, ~15k df and 3PDF
    * 2nd prize: 500,000 cash, ~10k df and 2PDF
    * 3rd prize: 250,000 cash, ~5k df and 1PDF

Also five randomly selected voters will receive 100k cash and 1PDF each! So it's really a great bargain!
Additional information:
  • * I will announce the three lucky winners and the 7 closest runner-ups, in-game on chat channel and in this forum thread with the total number of votes for each, during the first week of February.
    * PDF rewards courtesy of Icesus administration / Echcua.
.atr.
.psychedelicious.
atreus
Supporting Member 2006

Post by atreus »

The voting is now over and it's now time for the results! After sorting through the votes, I was surprised to find so many people voting for myself, but due to me organizing the event and as it doesn't seem proper for me to take a prize out of my own event, I'll disqualify myself as a votee.

The official results with some statistics:

Total number of voters was 77, out of whom 2 were disqualified due to double-voting. I have no doubt that these double-votes were cast unwittingly, but the rules are rules so, unfortunately, I had no choice but to reject their votes.

The most popular character names:

1. Burzan (12 votes)
2. Chikpa (3 votes)
2. Alajrak (3 votes)
2. Felgand (3 votes)

Due to the fact that the second place was tied between three players, there's not going to be a 3rd place and those on the tied 2nd place will receive 2 PDF, 250k cash and 5k DF each.

Closest runner-ups (with 2 votes each):

Azar, Delecti, Drakken, Kwendasir, Melisande, Misrobo, Thakkrad, Uzriel.

Also, these players each received one vote:

Agita, Allanon, Arego, Balrum, Belannaer, Boac, Darkart, Darker, Deon, Dileany, Edaria, Eteru, Frei, Gonar, Ingalore, Jelam, Kelebdraug, Lyth, Morgatai, Nuane, Odovacar, Pfloe, Quintosh, Regnad, Rha, Rhor, Rixa, Ruffle, Sriel, Suron, Toofy, Tremmor, Tzenh, Xariah, Zak

The five voters to receive 1 PDF and 100k cash each were randomly chosen to be:

1. Draccon
2. Ingalore
3. Arkady
4. Simius
5. Zohlor

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to everyone who participated in the event!

.atr.
Last edited by atreus on Tue Feb 01, 2005 16:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.psychedelicious.
egnaeve

Post by egnaeve »

atreus wrote:Closest runner-ups (with 2 votes each):

Azar, Delecti, Drakken, Kwendasir, Melisande, Misrobo, Thakkrad, Uzriel.

Also, these players each received one vote:

Agita, Allanon, Arego, Balrum, Belannaer, Boac, Darkart, Darker, Deon, Dileany, Edaria, Eteru, Frei, Gonar, Ingalore, Jelam, Kelebdraug, Lyth, Melisande, Morgatai, Nuane, Odovacar, Pfloe, Quintosh, Regnad, Rha, Rhor, Rixa, Ruffle, Sriel, Suron, Toofy, Tremmor, Tzenh, Xariah, Zak
2x Melisande... so she has 3 votes total then? :P
atreus
Supporting Member 2006

Post by atreus »

egnaeve wrote:2x Melisande... so she has 3 votes total then? :P
Oops, my bad. A stupid mistake there, Melisande received a total of 2 votes. Thanks for pointing it out. :)

.atr.
.psychedelicious.
odovacar
Supporting Member 2013

Post by odovacar »

Thanks for voting for me. I'll transfer the cash later. *wink*
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
arkady
Supporting Member 2007

Post by arkady »

via my calculations atreus got 4 votes is this correct :)
atreus
Supporting Member 2006

Post by atreus »

arkady wrote:via my calculations atreus got 4 votes is this correct :)
Not that it makes any difference, but you are correct.

.atr.
.psychedelicious.
mandrake

Post by mandrake »

actually, seeing as three people were tied for second place with three votes each it sounds like it should make a difference seeing as how four votes would be the actually second place with three tied for third. Though it is nice of Art to let others take the spot. thumbs up :D