Hunting with a bow

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

rolg

Hunting with a bow

Post by rolg »

Could you change hunting so that you can get your arrow back from the corpse unless it breaks upon impact, as it normally works. Since I mostly get only small mobs that die from the first arrow, and you always loose the arrow too, the quiver is empty before I find anything worth skinning :wink:
etadan

Post by etadan »

*Agree*, but since arrows do quad(or more?) damage when hunting, they should also need quad durability to 'survive'.
Beyond good..
rolg

Post by rolg »

Hmm, I was a bit hasty with my post, since I got 1 arrow back.. but still I'd say a divine enchanted arrow shouldn't break almost every time when it hits a field mouse.. :wink: or.. well don't know what happens to it, since you don't get the "arrow breaks/doesn't break upon impact"-message.
etadan

Moo

Post by etadan »

One explanation is that arrow hits the mouse, then mouse with arrow in it flies forward(or just arrow as it comes out from corpse) and a) fly away b) hit a tree/ground and break from impact.
Beyond good..
rolg

Re: Moo

Post by rolg »

etadan wrote:One explanation is that arrow hits the mouse, then mouse with arrow in it flies forward(or just arrow as it comes out from corpse) and a) fly away b) hit a tree/ground and break from impact.
Yes, we know that might happen, but in normal combat the same arrows go through steel armor etc, usually without breaking. But if this is how it is meant to work with hunting, as a way to tune it or something, so be it.. not a big deal. Just wanted to know if it's meant to be that way or not.
etadan

Re: Moo

Post by etadan »

rolg wrote:Yes, we know that might happen, but in normal combat the same arrows go through steel armor etc, usually without breaking. But if this is how it is meant to work with hunting, as a way to tune it or something, so be it.. not a big deal. Just wanted to know if it's meant to be that way or not.
Well, in normal combat you don't get quad damage.. but you're right, it would be nice to know if it was ent to be like that.
Beyond good..