PK in icesus.

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

echcua
Wizard

Post by echcua »

Dudes! Your not listening.!
I think your the one not listening
1) You cannot die instantly from a trap doesn't matter how great the quality of the trap is.
2) There is a simple and easy way to avoid traps and that does not include selecting someone to run in front of you!

Ed: There is no plan of giving sd any traps or detect trap skill in the near future.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

what about that shadow jump thing that has been bounced around a few of the forums, where if you have not been fighting for 5 minutes, you can go back to the guild very quickly through the shadows? then most shadowdancers who have that will be going out when the traps catch them.
felgand

Post by felgand »

To tell you the truth, after going back and forth between Graemor for two months...I find that the call for more "security" within the shadowdancer guild is uncalled for and unnecessary. It's a pk city and part of it is being prepared for any range of unknown dangers. This is reasonable. It doesn't matter if you have level exp on or not...this is a choice you make when joining the guild. If you're calling for more roleplay within the guild...this is it. You choose to live in a dangerous city, so instead of whining about it and turning Graemor all flowery, make the best of what it offers and be prepared for the worst.

Even though the guild has recently been changed to only allow shadowdancers, I feel this is a mistake. The guards should still allow access to everyone except during guild events (since dancers are at a certain disadvantage during one or two of those events).

In addition, I agree with Echcua in that shadowdancers should not need the detect traps skill...the guild itself is more dedicated towards stealthy attacks and offense and their skillset reflects that. Detect traps is more of a mastery skill that very few guilds rightfully get...and it should remain that way. However, it you really want it...the skill is learnable through use, make the best of that.
tumi
Wizard

Post by tumi »

felgand wrote:Even though the guild has recently been changed to only allow shadowdancers, I feel this is a mistake. The guards should still allow access to everyone except during guild events (since dancers are at a certain disadvantage during one or two of those events).
Everything is tunable, also this one. Situation will be monitored and roleplaying side thought when decising if there is a golden road in the middle of how things were and now are. My personal stand on this (with any guild in question), that guild is rather "sacred" place and should not be easily harassible by anyone. Even if the guild is located in Graemor.
"Just a newbie-friendly, mostly idle but still area-coding wiz from old days"

tumi@icesus.org
quintosh
Supporting Member 2014

Post by quintosh »

There is just one thing that kinda bugs me on those guards...
Players, that want to become shadowdancers, how can they now join, when Ceawin's room is the one where the joining is done, also if the guild leader has not been playing for a while, they cant pay the amount of money required to get invitation, since they cant access the room, right?
So my question is, are the guards modified so, that they allow lvl 1 players for example, a person who has no main guild, or some other criteria?
I think this is quite good question....
tumi
Wizard

Post by tumi »

quintosh wrote:Players, that want to become shadowdancers, how can they now join, when Ceawin's room is the one where the joining is done, also if the guild leader has not been playing for a while, they cant pay the amount of money required to get invitation, since they cant access the room, right?
So my question is, are the guards modified so, that they allow lvl 1 players for example, a person who has no main guild, or some other criteria?
Players without mainguild may enter the guild like before. There is no problem in joining this way.

tumi@icesus.org
quintosh
Supporting Member 2014

Post by quintosh »

Aye :|
Well, it was worth the try atleast :D
tumi
Wizard

Post by tumi »

quintosh wrote:Aye :|
Well, it was worth the try atleast :D
You should know me better ;)

tumi@icesus.org
etadan

Moo

Post by etadan »

felgand wrote:However, it you really want it...the skill is learnable through use, make the best of that.
Is it learnable from 0%, or you need to have at least 1%?
echcua wrote:Players without mainguild may enter the guild like before.
So if i reinc, and get 5 level at archers, i can still enter the sd guild for some.. training :)
Beyond good..
quintosh
Supporting Member 2014

Post by quintosh »

All this killing Etadan is doing, is because he is bitter that he left sd, and is too afraid to come back there, so he kills us. :evil:

correction, he _tries_ to kill us.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

People are still not listening...

Anyway, after testing the traps a bit more, here are some suggestions:
* make 'shaodw sense' more easy to scceed in.
* make 'shadow sense' give more information about your target, with higher skill %. Maybe even be able to monitor your target for a short while, to see where he is moving, not just one glimse.
* make it possible to 'tag' some NPC's and than be able to sense them with 'shadow sense' similar to how you can remember rooms with 'orienteering'
* create more combined use for 'tracking', 'orenteering' and 'shadow sense' : sense into memorised rooms etc.

My critical trap ratio is 4:11. Meaning out of 11 traps 4 froze me solid. But this might just me my bad luck or Echcua's sense of humor. Anyway, if 1 in ever 3-5 traps is a 'freezer', its rather nice, that a shadowdancer ony has pass through 10 rooms to get to his guild, isnt it.
And as they stated, a trap can Not kill you, so as long as you 'sense' no mage near the trap (or any other PK'er) your home free.

And people, you should actually read the posts, not just look at them.

Oh, and one more thing: Traps were given to mages because the had great difficulty using their biggest weapon (spells) for PK, rigth. So what will you give Shadowdancers, cause they cant use their biggest weapon (backstab) either?

Never mind.!

Ed: if you really must enter the guild hall, make it so hat you could bribe the guards, to gain access. No bribes will be taken, if theres an event coming soon or going on right now. However, this would cause problems such as the semi-safe room, aggressors hiding in linkdead or leave-game state.
tumi
Wizard

Re: Moo

Post by tumi »

So if i reinc, and get 5 level at archers, i can still enter the sd guild for some.. training :)
I suppose so, but I doubt you will do very much in there, and the most important thing is, you probably won't play too long without a mainguild.

And I'm not sure about guild mechanics, are you allowed to take subguilds without having mainguild?

tumi@icesus.org
quintosh
Supporting Member 2014

Post by quintosh »

Yes you are, for example, Dyzmal, when he still played with that char, had several reincs without mainguild, like archers and some others only, he was lvl 15-20 or so, not quite sure. But yes, you can take subs without having a mainguild
drakonis

Post by drakonis »

Hate to tell you Artic, but Felgand, or any other highbie with access to big, juicy parties, _can_ keep you from leveling, without ever touching you, He's killed the guild leader before :D, quite sure he'll do it again.