Recent wound tune.

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

syder
Supporting Member 2016

Recent wound tune.

Post by syder »

Tumi: Wounds don't heal up completely with First aid or Chirurgy, unless you have decent % or the wound is small. You better train those skills, your life may depend on them. Also First aid cannot heal large wounds with single bandage, you probably need to use more than once.

If the tune is completely out of tune (pun intended), I'll revise it.

Also Chirurgy duration depends on your skill% now, the better you are, the faster you'll be able to pull it off.
Now to be honest i've heard no single positive feedback from this. I agree wholeheartedly the latter part concerning chirurgy skill, a tune needed for a long time.
These bandages and first aiding is ridiculous, first of all bandages weigh 0.2kgs and space 1.5 litres. Now imagine a wound taking up to six or even more these bandages that would mean you having used a bucket full of bandages on _SINGLE_ wound, what makes this even more ridiculous is that mold men are barely the size of one bucket.
If this was to be somekind of mummifying please correct me and give feedback. It is also true that very few guilds get first aid anyway. With current combat system it is very easy to get wounded and therefore i'd really like to have people to take some time reading this and make their own opinions public.
To err is human, to forgive is divine.
misrobo
Wizard

Post by misrobo »

1.5 liters does seem large for a bandage. There are smaller objects that can be used as bandages... hmm.. interesting... cheaper too.
dunn

Post by dunn »

I agree with Syder, that bandaging for the new standard is like gearing up for mummification.. I think it's a sensible tune in theory but the bandages also need to be made smaller, after all it's not a first aid kit.. Just a bandage.

Bandage in Icesus terms would relatively be simple: piece of cloth that is clean. 0.1 to 0.3 for both weight and volume.

Perhaps, a "set of bandages" could be made more expensive but somewhat more efficient and cheaper (single) bandages that work like the current ones do could be introduced, that weigh less and are easier to carry around.
orgil
Supporting Member 2016

Post by orgil »

I understand that this tune was kind of donwtune for firstaid. But if you stumble syder with an axe and hit your leg 10cm long wound would you go to mom and he put a little bandage to it and you will go back to play with your axe? I think not you will go straight to the hospital where doctor or nurse sew you up.

But that was true 1.5l bandage should be enough to more wounds but here we must consider that ex. B'roghs are 5m tall and so theys wounds use more badage than mold mans.
It is totaly diffrent discution but i think it is very hard to tune those GIANT races and thos miniatyre races in same game.
ghir
Supporting Member 2011

Post by ghir »

orgil wrote:I understand that this tune was kind of donwtune for firstaid. But if you stumble syder with an axe and hit your leg 10cm long wound would you go to mom and he put a little bandage to it and you will go back to play with your axe? I think not you will go straight to the hospital where doctor or nurse sew you up.
10cm leg wound is considered a fatal wound. Even the minor wounds take up to five bandages with the current tune. Once again the tune was done ridiculously and it probably takes a few years to get fixed.. unless Tumi decides otherwise.

And what Dunn said sounds great. We should have smaller regular bandages (0.1-0.3l) as well as this current set of bandages (1-1.5l). You could fix a minor wound with a set of bandages even with a low skill; even I could do it with 0% first aid in real life ;) and so on.
tumi
Wizard

Post by tumi »

Tumi <game-info>: Bulk of bandages lowered considerably, first aid and chirurgy were tuned up a little. (Quit whining, and go train the skill from survivalists, it REALLY helps you in patching)

I emphasize the words go train the skill, its available to everyone from survivalists, and it really makes a difference.
"Just a newbie-friendly, mostly idle but still area-coding wiz from old days"

tumi@icesus.org
tumi
Wizard

Re: Recent wound tune.

Post by tumi »

syder wrote:These bandages and first aiding is ridiculous, first of all bandages weigh 0.2kgs and space 1.5 litres. Now imagine a wound taking up to six or even more these bandages that would mean you having used a bucket full of bandages on _SINGLE_ wound, what makes this even more ridiculous is that mold men are barely the size of one bucket.
This is ridiculous, you whine about this and you got 0% skill. Why don't you whine you cannot cast large tornadoes of fire without those spells or dodge perfectly with 0% dodge?

tumi@icesus.org
lipides
Supporting Member 2011

Post by lipides »

Old fart (lol JK) has a point there.
But still bandagin wounds take a lot of bandages and they are not cheap at all so this will be tuff part for newcomers :twisted:
ghir
Supporting Member 2011

Post by ghir »

lipides wrote:Old fart (lol JK) has a point there.
But still bandagin wounds take a lot of bandages and they are not cheap at all so this will be tuff part for newcomers :twisted:
That, my friend, is a very good point. I mean a newbie receives two minor wounds - costs him 10k+ to remove those. Well yes, he could take survivalists at level 2, sure.
orgil
Supporting Member 2016

Post by orgil »

ghir wrote:
lipides wrote:Old fart (lol JK) has a point there.
That, my friend, is a very good point. I mean a newbie receives two minor wounds - costs him 10k+ to remove those. Well yes, he could take survivalists at level 2, sure.
Yep thats true 10k is much to newbie and i think almost nobody liked to have survivalist before they have 30lvl or so.
But i think this may be solved like many other things in this game too. By nice and helping NPC
tumi
Wizard

Post by tumi »

orgil wrote:Yep thats true 10k is much to newbie and i think almost nobody liked to have survivalist before they have 30lvl or so.
But i think this may be solved like many other things in this game too. By nice and helping NPC
Newbies get it as it was earlier, except they get the same advantage of low-weight bandages as everyone else too. And I doubled the learn by doing chance as well, so you might get away without survivalists if you really want to.

tumi@icesus.org
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

Uptune survivals so that they are worth taking, give them fletchery /skinning/carving to decent %'s and such as trainable so they would be worth taking. Surivalists just seem to be levels that give no advantage in way or another and are just an annoying few levels you gotta take before you can join hunters or fishers.

OR, make first aid an cantrip to max of ~30%/40% for rhe'rha or such wanderer in vaerlon.

yes, i allready heard an answer for this. "NO"

I'd still like to hear the reason why not?
(survivalists suck)
misrobo
Wizard

Post by misrobo »

Ok, one more wound tune suggestion.

Since the demand for bandages has skyrocketed, how about tweaking the "random stuff" monster loot function to make bandages more common?

Perhaps doubling the chance of bandages would be about right.