Issues and rulings

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

stalker
Wizard

Issues and rulings

Post by stalker »

To spread the information on how issues are ruled upon and how the rules of the game are interpreted, I'll (and hopefully other wizards ruling on issues as well) add new issue resolutions under this topic as they arrive and if they bear any interpretations of the rules of the game that might be of interest.

Any feedback on the decisions and their publication are, of course, welcome. So here goes the first one:

#375 Apr 13 16:27:54 2005
Issuer: A
Accused: B

Issue: player kill at vaerlon.

Apr 13 16:28:42 2005 B replied: He was idle at templar duty blocking the gate from rift

Apr 18 09:09:43 2005 Stalker made ruling: Player killing is forbidden as provided for in 'help player killing' section II. Section III, containing the exchaustive list of exemptions to this principle, does not contain an exemption for killing templars idling at guard duty. B is therefore found guilty of wrongful player killing. However, as idling at templar guard duty is unacceptable, B's reply to the issue is considered to contain a plea as described in section VII of 'help player killing'. Under the aforementioned circumstances (logs confirm an idletime of 252 seconds) B shall be exempted from the punishment of wrongful player killing as set out in section IV.

Stalker
stalker
Wizard

Post by stalker »

#380 Apr 26 21:54:35 2005
Issuer: A
Accused: B

Issue: there i was just simply idling at ereldon and all of a sudden B casted a tornado spell wich killed me. At my point of view, there was no reason for him to illegally pkill me..

Apr 26 22:01:28 2005 B replied: Yes i admit that it was killing on illegal basis. Many people were talking finnish on Ereldon and toying around and i just wanted to put them on move, i counted from 3 to 0 and none left the room. Of course they were testing if i have the guts to tornado at ereldon. Therefore i wasn't killing you, but there are casualties in war aren't there?

May 7 09:05:33 2005 Stalker made ruling: player killing is prohibited as set out in 'help player killing', Section II. Section III, containing an exhaustive list of exemptions to the aforementioned principle rule, does not include a reference to a situation where the player killer acts to put an end to an alleged infringement of the language policy rules. Therefore B is found guilty of unlawful player killing. The situation cannot be seen to indicate an exception to the punishment as set out in Section VII. B has not provided in his defence any reference to whether, in fact, the accuser infringed the language policy rules and if so, to what extent. In accordance to Section II and IV of 'help player killing' B shall be banished for 7 days, effective immediately.

Stalker