The new, exploding Dazhora rings..

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

dunn

The new, exploding Dazhora rings..

Post by dunn »

I don't think having a huge quest, filled with a bunch of items and a pretty hard to get item should have as a reward a randomly nuking eq that will also kill you out when you wear it.. Considering that there are NO OTHER MAGE RINGS in the game that are considered good.

If necessary, make the dazhora ring mob harder, don't hand out bomb eq to players just because the mob is easy to kill once all the quest items are gathered. That's not a solution.

Restore the status of the rings ASAP, please.. I do think this was a temporary fix but.. already people are asking for the old ones, because they are in need of mage eq.. so the temporary fix has passed.

You know what, upgrade the eqs, make the mob 1,000,000+ and even add a little variation to the drops. That should solve any problems with it, and most important of all, introduce a really fun eq run to higher level eq parties.
rotax

Post by rotax »

I can vouche for the pain of loosing one. It makes me not want another one at all. There is nothing worse then dying in a safe room.
stalker
Wizard

Post by stalker »

The mob will stay a small one as is intended, an old enchantress can't kick major arse.

The whole idea of the explosion-tune is to discourage players from harvesting it's eq's (dagger, ring) as in the good old days.

I find this a better solution than downtuning the equipment, since now they are still available from the NPC also as non-exploding versions. and considering that all the monsies related to the quest are doable by a small/mid-level party, it now serves well a large spectrum of players.

And yes, it must really be annoying to get eq blown away, but you can take precautions in not dying with the eq with major exp loss.

However, on the long run, any suggestions on tune mechanisms where npc's need not be 1M+ and thus killable by only the top twenty, are very much welcome.
Stalker
dunn

Post by dunn »

Was just a suggestion, considering that other eq mobs have been uptuned due to fears of being run too quickly, eq being too widespread as the most common solution. So I guess that's what I meant.

But thank you for clarifying we can get non-exploding rings.

It seems no one is willing to try for a good version, however.

However, I should note that one particular monster involved in the quest was killed at a party rate of 63k. That doesn't leave much of a leeway for a midbie party, considering that would be an eq run in itself.. Without giving too much away, I think the point is obvious.

If he has been tuned this low then perhaps there is no need for exploding rings..
dunn

Post by dunn »

Err, by party rate I don't mean exp/mn rate.
rotax

Post by rotax »

The only thing that upset me about the rings was I auto-equipped it when I logged on, and I had no idea they had changed them so that they blew up :(
zaltaiz
Wizard

Re: The new, exploding Dazhora rings..

Post by zaltaiz »

dunn wrote: there are NO OTHER MAGE RINGS in the game that are considered good.
Bullshit.
misrobo
Wizard

Post by misrobo »

I just did a quick look-round. The top mages don't wear dhazora rings. Some of the near top mages wear them.

Leather rings and plain steel rings are popular with the lower 2/3 of the mages.
apog
Supporting Member 2009

Post by apog »

misrobo wrote:I just did a quick look-round. The top mages don't wear dhazora rings. Some of the near top mages wear them.

Leather rings and plain steel rings are popular with the lower 2/3 of the mages.
I'm not taking either side since I wear a leather ring myself, but I don't think Misrobo's count can be considered accurate since I'm betting that some people who were wearing Dazhora rings before don't wear them now since the introduction of explosions.

It's kinda like saying "oh, nobody eats beef anyways" after counting the number of people eating beef when there has been a recent outbreak of mad cow disease. It's obviously going to be a lower number (than the norm) because people are afraid of dying.

To be accurate, you'd need to have done the count before, and the count afterwards and compared them to see the real impact.
dunn

Re: The new, exploding Dazhora rings..

Post by dunn »

zaltaiz wrote:
dunn wrote: there are NO OTHER MAGE RINGS in the game that are considered good.
Bullshit.
I was told by someone that pale blue rings were also written out of the game, which leaves the dazhora rings the closest candidates for anyone to get.

Yes, you have lower end rings like the leather ones and the plain steel.

In reasonable terms Zaltaiz, to play this game for 5 years and get some uber ring doesn't classify as a ring you can get.
stalker
Wizard

Post by stalker »

apog wrote:
misrobo wrote:I just did a quick look-round. The top mages don't wear dhazora rings. Some of the near top mages wear them.

I'm not taking either side since I wear a leather ring myself, but I don't think Misrobo's count can be considered accurate since I'm betting that some people who were wearing Dazhora rings before don't wear them now since the introduction of explosions.

It's kinda like saying "oh, nobody eats beef anyways" after counting the number of people eating beef when there has been a recent outbreak of mad cow disease. It's obviously going to be a lower number (than the norm) because people are afraid of dying.

To be accurate, you'd need to have done the count before, and the count afterwards and compared them to see the real impact.
Existing equipment was not affected by the tune, as is customary... And the top50 players must have several Dazhora rings stacked in their apartments..
Stalker
estiela
Supporting Member 2005

Post by estiela »

Dazhora rings are the mainstream rings for mages. There are other rings too, but hardly anyone knows them exist.
zaltaiz
Wizard

Post by zaltaiz »

There are other "hardcore" rings, better by far than your average non-explosible dazhora ring in game. For both wis and int -based casters. If you don't have access to them then it's too bad for you.
dunn

Post by dunn »

Is the Dazhora ring a "hardcore" ring? :)