What to do about Klarh

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

klarh
Supporting Member 2008

What to do about Klarh

Post by klarh »

I seem to have run upon something that I think needs the application of several peoples' opinions, and I don't have enough friends to fill the gap. First off, I've always been a caster-type of guy. I'm working toward being an earth priest(someone told me 37-44m totals and 8m wisdom) and a psion(someone told me 100m). I recently reinced from coven to shifter(I can't help it, I reinc a lot), but thought of something. Shifters aren't exactly the most int-and wis-aligned guild; the spell 'webs of a spider', for example, is int-str-wis, but there aren't exactly a bunch of shifter spells(not to mention that wis is tertiary). I really hate to guild-hop, but, honestly...What should I do to get where I need to be?
Here are my current 'guilds' stats:

Total guild levels: 23
Mainguild: Gaesati shapeshifters (at level 8)
donations: 366273
Subguilds:
Kindred of the spider (at level 10), donations: 1114235
Kindred of the wolf (at level 5), donations: 157096

stat used free
---- ---- ----
Dexterity : 539665 | 36403
Wisdom : 465569 | 209894
Constitution : 960866 | 0
Intelligence : 511159 | 392919
Charisma : 498409 | 0
Strength : 644101 | 0
------ : ---- ----
Total : 3619769 | 639216

Some help would be greatly appreciated. I'd really like to be able to get on past level 29 more than once(that was way back when I was a mage, and was spending my levels in alchemy :? ). For quite a while I seem to have been stuck in the level 20-something rut. Probably quite a bit of it is that I reinc so much, but...well...if I could just get something that I knew was the best, I'd probably be able to push through. I have thought about just spending some exp on AP and staying a shifter, but then the exp I made wouldn't be going to shifters, so I figure it'd be real slow.

janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Klarh

Post by janeti »

Have you considered joining the merchants, they seem to have spells, though since I've never been a member I don't know what the spell uses, I'd guess Int primary. But they have a variety of other skills which look like they probably use Wis somewhere. Hopefully someone who's a member will comment on that.

You could also join survivalists for swimming and camping, both Wis primaries.
allanon

Post by allanon »

IIRC (can't get on to check at the moment...), merchant guild's stats are generally Charisma (primary) and Wisdom (secondary).

If you're trying to join a guild that gives exp/cash, merchants might not be great choice for you. There's no exp gain whatsoever, and none of merchant skills can help gain exp either. The skill "Appraise" can be slightly useful once in a while, but it's not all that essential. "Bargaining" can give you slightly lower buying prices and slightly higher selling prices, all depending on your charisma, but it's not a huge difference since most players have low charisma.

Most important is that you can get a merchant booth. Just add a few overpriced items to them and eventually someone stupid or desperate will come around and buy them. Slow way to make a profit, but if you're diligent and determined you can make a lot of cash from a booth.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
quintosh
Supporting Member 2014

Post by quintosh »

To get the needed exp for earth_priests is air_priests, almost the opposite of each other, except with the stat-exp needed.. earth_priests takes quite a bit of con too, in my recent reinc, I was lacking a bit of that... but still managed a lot better than usually.. Str is needed somewhat too. So highest should be wisdom, then con/int, and str... here is a small copy of the stats I´ve used so far:

stat used free
---- ---- ----
Wisdom : 18232231 | 145079
Dexterity : 6931836 | 11012213
Constitution : 9363276 | 0
Intelligence : 8983514 | 1491995
Charisma : 6809629 | 361673
Strength : 7129600 | 4147059
------ : ---- ----
Total : 57450086 | 17158019
iluth

Post by iluth »

I'm not sure i understand the problem, but if you're worried about having left over free exp when you join the earth priests: i wouldn't worry so much. That will get spent around a month or so after you join through training, just make sure to have a few mil cash ready before you reinc.

You could also just buy advance points if you're worried about putting exp into stats, but that wouldn't help you much in the meantime.
dunn

Post by dunn »

There is no best, every guild has its advantages and disadvantages once you play them enough. Pick something you enjoy playing, you'll make your life easier in the long run.

Just plan ahead, and if you're really picky, research. Then be happy.

The way to overcome a skill deficit is with a massive amount of level exp (exp used on advancement points and level), so when you reinc you can use a portion of that to retrain your skills and still have enough left over to get a decent level.. Of course, that means you have to save up quite a bit of cash to do that.
apex

Post by apex »

You should just suicide :P
klarh
Supporting Member 2008

Post by klarh »

*Klarh nods briefly, 'Ok.'
pyrana
Supporting Member 2008

Post by pyrana »

well I realise that in some opinions I am in the most boring of guilds *coughs* - Army - however I have managed to make it to 31 so far and 32 is just around the corner and might I say that i am having a blast getting there.

I know that I picked totally the wrong backgrounds but at the end of the day that is neither here nor there as I am having fun.

so in summation - stick with it for a while and see where it gets you.

(lowly wisdom from one who has yet to reinc I know....)
No human being, however great, or powerful, was ever so free as a fish.
- John Ruskin