Blessings

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Blessings

Post by janeti »

Is it permitted to discuss the merits of blessings and which are most worthwhile or is that considered 'sharing of information'? Assuming of course that people are willing to share their opinions.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

hehe

Post by solar »

Major blessings are useful, but also have the highest upkeep cost.

>:P
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
kanje

Re: hehe

Post by kanje »

I think janeti means something like a list of blessings.

Code: Select all

spregen : good for troll mages, but not really useful for snakeman. etc
hpregen: Not useful for troll mages, might be useful for tanking lep mages.
Maybe not so detailed to races, but something along this line.

There's something I want to ask about blessings, if I want a major blah, I will need a minor and a normal blah as well, do their bonuses stack, and do I have to pay for the upkeep cost of all three? [sorry for minor derail]

I don't know much about blessings, but I think it's more worthwhile getting a blessing to major than trying to get 3 minor. The upkeep for major is much higher than 3 minors too.
janeti
Supporting Member 2006

Blessings

Post by janeti »

It's a case of having a specific question about a reinc that I'm planning.

I'm planning on being Elf, Ranger, Fire (from Elf, Ranger, Air - I'm boring that way). Buying minor (and possibly normal) EP Regen blessings. And I can get Str from fire if I really need it. But the question is what do I do with my PDF. I was considering 3 lots of Resist Physical and a Con. But would concentrating on the Con be more useful? I'll be taking a background for extra hp per con. I usually find myself running out of EP faster than HP and my HP Regen is faster than my EP Regen. My thought is that with more hits than currently (I screwed up my current background) and Physical Resistance I can take on bigger animals when I go prowling through the OW, I might even be able to handle a moose one of these days.

Although I've done some research on standard blessings, testing permanant ones is rather more complicated.

Sorry that this is a little confused, I can't seem to organise it more coherently.
osma

Post by osma »

cant nessarly help with pdf, since i cant seem to get more then 10, but i know a bit about epregen and dex.

with normal (and minor) epregen, only like 1 or two epregen eq, and mostly scout bg. elf range lv:25, i gain aprox 5-7 ep % per monitor notice. this assumes not hungery/thirsty, and not outside at camp/fire. obviously at extreemly low ep, i regen slower.

with normal (and minor) stat dexterity, i go from less than somewhat awkward (train leatherworking to 40 before stopped), to neat-handed. (level 26).

and you are right. i typicaly run out of ep 2-3 times, even with epregen, before i have to rest due to low hp.
dunn

Post by dunn »

PDF blessings are much weaker than regular DF blessings.. Only take PDF blessings for things that are 200% or 150% costs in help element costs.