Is it acceptable?

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

kanje

Is it acceptable?

Post by kanje »

A scenario:

I was killing in this room, dead bodies and blood splashed all about. Gruesome death to all the little minions, and more coming. There's loot on the ground. THEN, someone moves into the room and starts picking up the loot.

Is this behavior generally acceptable in this mud? I mean I tried reading it up, I know it's not disallowed. But do we want this lack of etiquette that is almost similar to kill stealing?

I'm not asking for rules to be implemented on this, but maybe let's be more polite and courteous.
[derail]Irony: Though I said polite and courteous and asked about acceptable behavior, I told the player of questioning behavior to "f off", when I asked him if I was invisible and he said yes. It's a lie of course, I'm a troll, it's hard for me to hide all of me somewhere.

In my defense: I will say that I was unable to think of a witty retort then. Anyway, I will accept any punishments from the admins as proper but I won't apologise to him. A wrong may not right another wrong, but I am not the one who did wrong first.[try not to shrub me to level 1] [/derail]
stalker
Wizard

Re: Is it acceptable?

Post by stalker »

kanje wrote:A scenario:

I was killing in this room, dead bodies and blood splashed all about. Gruesome death to all the little minions, and more coming. There's loot on the ground. THEN, someone moves into the room and starts picking up the loot.

Is this behavior generally acceptable in this mud? I mean I tried reading it up, I know it's not disallowed. But do we want this lack of etiquette that is almost similar to kill stealing?

I'm not asking for rules to be implemented on this, but maybe let's be more polite and courteous.
It is clearly not acceptable. :evil: However, I'd like to see the social networks of the game to discourage such lack of etiquette rather than to implement formal rules.
Stalker
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Sometimes high level players leave loot on the ground and never pick it up cause its not worth enough to bother. Suck loot is ok for someone else to pick up and sell - its called trash-hauling.

There is only one rule with trash-hauling: donÂ’t loot from room where someone is still fighting. Cause than it might be stealing.

The thiefÂ’s excuse that you were invisible does not hold water. Although u are a troll and probably have a light sucking amulet and you also probably were in a naturally dark room like a cave or a sewer tunnel, it is possible that the thief was blinded by all that darkness, but than he would not have been able to loot anything. So if he looted, he must have seen you, thus he was not just stealing he was also lying about it.

In my opinion, you should tell everyone who this lyeing thief is, so that everyone would know to stay away from him.
aarmon

Post by aarmon »

yep and hang this person up near ereldon to be a warning for all
pyrana
Supporting Member 2008

Post by pyrana »

Hanging is too good for him, Nail him up I say - nothing like a good crucifixion to boost moral :twisted:
No human being, however great, or powerful, was ever so free as a fish.
- John Ruskin