Digging graves in combat

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

dunn

Digging graves in combat

Post by dunn »

Is this tune really necessary? What's the point of this, Icesus is in no way mean to be realistic - the downside to digging graves is momentarily losing your combat balance. As well as making the game annoying for 90% of players who casually play the game because we have to wait for the "Battle Over." message to come up first, it is VERY annoying to players who are e_priests, and possibly even more tedious for 5% of players who run certain eq mobs where digging graves is necessary.

It might seem like a realistic idea to code, but it's not practical. And it serves 0 point other than to make gameplay tedious for players. As well - you can "get all from corpse", so killing the mobs first is not an issue, so again what's the point of it being there? We're not even RP.

So with all this ranting, I humbly request that this tune be reversed. If the combat engine was about 2 seconds faster to end combat, this wouldn't be such a problem, but as it stands, it is. I'm tired of getting this message about battle intensity when the mob has just died.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Re: Digging graves in combat

Post by artic »

dunn wrote:... I'm tired of getting this message about battle intensity when the mob has just died.
Sounds like you need to reconfigure your triggers. :D

But honestly this tune hinders my combat aswell. If i dont dig graves right away and wait until i have killed all the monsters in room, i get more devotion. But sometimes, just as im fighting the last of 3 monsters, the stab goes bad and i need to dispose of the corpses in mid combat, so they dont become undeads. So this tune will make it harder for me to gain devotion. Whereas i have already maxed out my single-monster devotion limit (meaning even the strongest of monsters that i can solo give me little or no devotion at all).
dunn

Post by dunn »

Another problem you have mentioned, that I have not thought of.. I'm sure that newer players will find it quite difficult though, Artic.