Information required!

General forum for game-related discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

dyaros

Information required!

Post by dyaros »

I am currently gathering general information for the icesus database and i would appreciate help on following fields:

Goblinoids (species, hierarcy, history and culture)
Elves (as a entire race, their origins, culture and hierarcy)
Dragons (species, hierarcy, origins and their apperiance in history of other races)
Daemonic beasts (origins, history, hierarcy and types).
Animals (all sorts of information, species, origins, living areas...)
Heroes and villains of different races
Elemental legions (different elementals, their subtypes, culture relating to them, their connection to the elements...)

If you have suggestions and/or ideas to the list above (or something else...), post them here or inform me (via tell or mudmail). I can't promise any reward for helping, except for warm hand shake and eternal gratitude. =D>

Thanks in advance

Big-D
I'm an Africa nut, not an Ostfront freak
kanje

Re: Information required!

Post by kanje »

dyaros wrote:I am currently gathering general information for the icesus database and i would appreciate help on following fields:

Goblinoids (species, hierarcy, history and culture)
Elves (as a entire race, their origins, culture and hierarcy)
Dragons (species, hierarcy, origins and their apperiance in history of other races)
Daemonic beasts (origins, history, hierarcy and types).
Animals (all sorts of information, species, origins, living areas...)
Heroes and villains of different races
Elemental legions (different elementals, their subtypes, culture relating to them, their connection to the elements...)

If you have suggestions and/or ideas to the list above (or something else...), post them here or inform me (via tell or mudmail). I can't promise any reward for helping, except for warm hand shake and eternal gratitude. =D>

Thanks in advance

Big-D
When you indicate that this is general information, do you mean to gather it from all sources like dnd/fantasy/tolkien/games/muds/religion etc or basing it on icesus?

An example, there are many origins of elves depending on what book or game one is reading/playing. So what you want is for us to pilfer or do you want us to make things up?

And by icesus database, I gather it will be displayed on the webpage. And if you don't mind, will you further elaborate on what's the point of increasing this database.. like what does it have to do with.. gameplay?

Or are we moving in the rp regime? :D
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

I think the most likely reason for this is that he was bored, with a dash of needing to know what has been done already in order to keep whatever he does in the game world
echcua
Wizard

Post by echcua »

The main goal that dyaros is trying to achieve is to create a database where dev/wiz alike can refer to when they are creating areas. Two reasons for this are A) so there may be a general underlying basis to all mons in icesus, while variation is good wild descrepancies isn't so good. B) It can also give developers an inspiration for different mons to put in their areas and may give a 'basis' for a description, also again variation is also good here too.

So what does he need now, well basically he has done a lot and now needs inspiration/input from others, I am not really good in that area (very crap actually) so we thought it might be an idea to turn it over to you guys to see if you have any good thoughts.
cheers
-Echcua
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

actually planned on doing this for general fantasy, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I will see what i can come up with. Do you want it general or specifict to icesus?
dyaros

Post by dyaros »

Although most monsters of Icesus are based on general fantasy/fiction (some way or another), in Icesus they are still unique in their own ways. General information is fine, but more detailed things is what i am more interested. There are enermous quantaties of history and culture gaps (as an example) about Icesus races, which need to be filled. This gives quite free hands to all those who are interested to help me.

I already provided a list of what i am really interested, but i appreciate everything people send me. If questions arise, just contact directly through Icesus (via tell or mudmail) and i'll tell answer them.
I'm an Africa nut, not an Ostfront freak