New mount feat: Drifting

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

misad
Supporting Member 2008

New mount feat: Drifting

Post by misad »

Hello,

With this mount feat you could train a mount to tolerate dimensional rifts, which all mounts are afraid naturally. Thus enabling you to lead or ride your mount through dimensional rifts. This would enable chronomancers to use their mounts and carts more effectively. Of course this feat would be very expensive as it needs chronomancer's help during the mount training. Or perharps only those with chronomancer levels themselves can have this feat taught to their mount.

// Misad.
allanon

Post by allanon »

This was dicussed before and I recall that Belannaer's reply was a flat "No".
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
suron

Post by suron »

Funny how I just the other day discussed this matter with some players and I came up with a new idea for a chronomancer subguild 2-3 leves long. It would be introduced to the game after larger ships are introduced into the game.

The subguild would offer a dimensional portal to your memory location and it would allow one ship (if the destination was in water deep enough for the ship to sail) or one mount+cart if the destination was on dry land. These 'portalmasters' or whatever would offer little else than the ability to transport 'sea' vessels from lake to lake, river to river. Where they would be able to scourge and plunder, pillage and raze all the npc generated ships and merchantman class ships, and wage war with galleons and battleships.

Wouldn't it be nice, if something like this was ever implemented?
misad
Supporting Member 2008

Post by misad »

allanon wrote:This was dicussed before and I recall that Belannaer's reply was a flat "No".
Ok, I did make a quick search for previous posts about this subject before posting. I must have used wrong keywords since nothing turned up.

// Misad
allanon

Post by allanon »

misad wrote: Ok, I did make a quick search for previous posts about this subject before posting. I must have used wrong keywords since nothing turned up.
Damn you, chfn. The thing is, that was something that I posted before my account got wiped...it was a big list of ideas I had, and one of them was, "Should be able to drift with mounts". Well, Belannaer said no. Since I was the post author I don't think there would be any remnants of the discussion left...but I do remember that one of the arguments against was that it would look really awkward. "Mammoth drifts past you to the east. WHOOSH! You are blown BACKWARDS by the draft!"...or something like that. Anyway it was a no and it still should be...unless Belannaer has changed his mind?

Suron, that sounds good, since we don't have a worldwide waterway system...certain bodies of water can only be reached by walking to them.

If I remember correctly isn't there already some mount teleport service that you can find at the Broken Oak Inn? Although since that is only useful for "rescuing" mounts I can see why people would still want to be able to drift with them...
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.