Undo

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

osma

Undo

Post by osma »

I believe it would be useful to create an undo command. Although i know that some commands would not only be impractical (as well as buged) to undo (such as kill ereldon, or sell all), other commands that are accidently used could benifit from it. Some examples are name (too lazy to rename something when i type earring rather then earrings or something equaly stupid), or train to: xx (often screw up my reinc by accidently training a skill so high that i spend all my leveling exp on a skill). other useful ones are deposit and all other simple accidents that can be easily fixed by "remembering" the last few commands and reseting to the previous configuration.
allanon

Post by allanon »

Too difficult to code, and would cause extreme lag. If you are too lazy to check what you type, and if you really care about what you're doing, then be more careful and pay attention...

It's true that there are certain commands that have bad effects which maybe should be covered by an "Undo" option, but it's a very thin line between "accident fixing" and Abuse.

Besides, how can you realistically justify an "Undo"? I can't think of a way to explain it in game terms.

Code: Select all

undo
You open a rift and step back in time, negating your previous command!
You undo "deposit all mithril".
Erm...I don't think so.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
aarmon

Post by aarmon »

Code: Select all

eat bread
undo
ooc/ YUCK! 
:D
etadan

Re: Undo

Post by etadan »

rather than undo command, it'd be better/easier to have some confirm_foo flags, that you could set. confirm_deposits,confirm_train_with_credit
btw, most of us 'probably' don't store too much money on their bank acounts, and when they train after reincs, they hide their mithrils to some container where train command can't find them.
____
I'm not used to make sense at 6am(or ever)
breg
Supporting Member 2008

Post by breg »

This isn't really "undoing", but it would be nice if we could stop fleeing if we want. It's really annoying if you accidentally flee from a fight and take a couple of extra hits before getting back in business..
osma

Post by osma »

In responce to hiding "mithril in a container", that is an exelent idea... which i already use. the problem is when i try to depoisit all from sack and end up deposting from my money pouch instead due to typing too fast :P.[/quote]
suron

Post by suron »

One way to do this 'undo' command to prevent those before mentioned reincarnation mishaps would be a new 'set' variable

example: set trainingmax <amount>
that would set a maximum amount of exp you could spend with one train/study command. You could set the trainingmax to 1000000 to prevent you from training over 1m of exp away with one train command.

Don't know if this would be easy to code or hard, don't know if it would even be practical in any way, don't know and don't care. Just a thought.
osma

Post by osma »

Both Suron and breg have exelent ideas imo. This post was mostly a brainstorming session as well as a ligitimite idea.