Racial leaders?

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

lipides
Supporting Member 2011

Racial leaders?

Post by lipides »

Not sure if this has been taken up earlier but anyway.
Every race should have their own 'leader' player decided with total exp or levels or so. Leaders of every race could get a SLIGHT boost to their racial abilities. For example thri-kreens get a lil damage boost to their bite etc. Also some stat bonus wouldn't hurt imo? :twisted:

And one other thing out of subject: I'd like to see more racial abilities/skills show up on races that doesn't have one or they have one which is useless. Like gnome's fast mumble .
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

if you find another gnome, then fastmumble can be fun to use
moraq

Re: Racial leaders?

Post by moraq »

lipides wrote:...or they have one which is useless. Like gnome's fast mumble .

Features usefulnes isn't at all times determined by the bonus exp/min, money/min or df/min it gives. Fastmumble rulessss!
edit: how i typo

edit2: In other words, Lipides, you'd like more features for races that grant a better rate! But do we really need something like that?
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

moraq wrote:edit2: In other words, Lipides, you'd like more features for races that grant a better rate! But do we really need something like that?
No, not really... except for elves, where are all the elven longbows? :G
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
lipides
Supporting Member 2011

Post by lipides »

moraq wrote:
lipides wrote:...or they have one which is useless. Like gnome's fast mumble .

Features usefulnes isn't at all times determined by the bonus exp/min, money/min or df/min it gives. Fastmumble rulessss!
About that fastmumble...it needs a tweak which gives you a forcereinc with 15% exp cost everytime you use it.
lipides
Supporting Member 2011

Post by lipides »

moraq wrote:
lipides wrote: edit2: In other words, Lipides, you'd like more features for races that grant a better rate! But do we really need something like that?
not that... Just that other NONPLAYED races would maybe become somewhat more playable. for example halfling which is generally good for nothing.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

lipides wrote:for example halfling which is generally good for nothing.
What do you mean _generally_? They're always good for nothing! There has been only ONE halfling of any use in Icesus, ever. That was Denso before he halflinged his talents away.

(to halfling = to devolve, used as a verb)
Internet tough guy

moraq

Post by moraq »

I have to agree with Solar here, I've never seen an useful halfling except Denso in Icesus (well, anywhere, but we're talking about Icesus here anyway). It's actually quite detrimental for the entire halfling race that Denso halflinged his talents away :(
dunn

Post by dunn »

Denso, halfling artisan, for president.
moraq

Post by moraq »

I tried resisting the temptation to write this, but...

As we have Denso the halfling, I'd like to suggest a high council of leathercrafters or something like that! Being nimble and stuff, the council could be formed solely of halflings, and I even thought up some names for them, like: Pultsari, Spurgu, Sot and Puistokemisti, perhaps even Sipulikössi!

A few of those could also have artisan-type eq, which we don't have, except for the guild items of course.

Now what would we do with a council of leathercrafters? As I see it, artisan guild is all about player-to-player interaction, which is a good thing(tm) and in order to even further enhance this, we could have the most experienced/most-masteries players of each trade for form the elite of artisans. Perhaps all of them wouldn't have to be halflings... Now the council would play a major role in different things, like setting the resize prices and a standard for forged eq (the new greatQ titanium that some artisans are able to craft have seriously lowered the already low prices). AND there's even more! Uh oh, help me out here, someone, Solar?
harlonus
Supporting Member 2014

Post by harlonus »

I think the high council should only have members from the halfling race so _someone_ would someday play that harassed, mocked, tortured and even hated race! :( :( :( :(
solar
Supporting Member 2020

halfings?! Where, let me KILL THEM *BEZERK* (old typo emote)

Post by solar »

Ack, managing a council requires decent amount of IQ, and those halflings just don't even have enough... their IQ, at the very best, is close to room temperature... when using Celsius degrees!

And how can they leatherwork anything if they are too weak to lift the knife, or if their fingers are too short to get a firm grip on anything except their genit^H^H^H^H^Hdisregard that, umm, "telnet" (yeah, that's it!) behaving oddly >:)

I have discussed player cartels with Stalker and Zaltaiz in the past, they didn't find the idea of players setting reasonably low/high prices for stuff appealing. Exact words were, iirc, "sicko idea".

But now that Icesus has fal^H^H^Hevolved so as to allow artisans to run unchecked... perhaps having a player council could calm things down >:)

Come on! Vaerlon is still elven/dwarven city with elven majority (in terms of intelligent population). They must run some sort of Apartheid to keep the dumber population in check, and thus I cannot see any reason why they'd let halflings into the council, except as marionettes.

BTW, has anyone noticed that this topic has gone a bit off the original subject?

Perhaps someone could humbly ask Kholiathra to consider returning to us, perhaps we could then get more racial goodness... Now that Tarak is gone for good.
Internet tough guy

harlonus
Supporting Member 2014

Post by harlonus »

but back to the original subject! if the race leaders ever will be implemented, i'd suggest that if they get something neat it would be a awesome/cool/neat-looking TITLE and, if someone wants, there could be some MINOR stat/skill/spell boost too.
sraak

why boost?

Post by sraak »

small downtune instead... you get something, title and something else, for example, but something in you, skill(s), background, stat, whatnot, gets 1% downtune.

to prevent players to be the race leader. there should be something that rare ppl want in race leaderships, becuase in able to get what you want, you get penalty.

and why not vote leaders? some limit there, like at least 20% of all "halflings, elves, trolls etc." have to vote, in able to make the leadership to effect.

and then: you don't have to take the leadership, if you refuse, it goes to number #2, then #3...

you wanted ideas. hone this.
tavs

Post by tavs »

Perhaps just make the oldest incarnation of the race the "elder" of the race? Of course only considering reasonably active players etc. Kind of small award for not reincing, like. Maybe give a very small +wis boost?
"I love you Sheriff Truman!"
-- Albert Rosenfeld (Twin Peaks)