Party Status - Busy flag

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

pyrana
Supporting Member 2008

Party Status - Busy flag

Post by pyrana »

Party Status needs to include flag(s) that covers all busy elements.

It need not be a plethora of new flags but rather just adding B for Busy, e.g. when party member is cooking, leatherworking, camp building, resting, etc....

many is the time the leader has wandered off either causing concentration to be lost...
No human being, however great, or powerful, was ever so free as a fish.
- John Ruskin
dunn

Post by dunn »

If a party leader is too busy to type look, they won't type party status either.
aarmon

Post by aarmon »

and that leader sucks anyways and you should leave the party as soon as possible :evil:
brich

Post by brich »

I might be old fashioned but "party status" used to be the best tool for party leaders, back in the day. All mon party is kinda useless in the heat of the battle and stuff. One can only rely on party status for accurate info so a busy flag is quite needed. I would go as far as suggesting a "H" (hidden) flag for shadowdancers and nightstalkers but thats debatable indeed.

Also I must remind that "M" (meditating) and "Z" (sleeping) are easily noticeble if someone "looks" but there are many situations in which party members cannot check that way (for example the p leader is out selling loot).
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Also the issue of darkness and brightness comes into play, making it hard for party leaders to be sure what the rest of the party is up to.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

synkkä ja myrskyinen darknessi

Post by solar »

artic wrote:Also the issue of darkness and brightness comes into play, making it hard for party leaders to be sure what the rest of the party is up to.
What real issue is that? Just party kick +darkness people out... Dancers are meant to solo (or party with darkvision races) and trolls... they smell. Dark elves and others who get hurt by light... tough, unless they lead and make the rules. Darkness/brightness blindess is a nice feature and should remain as such. >:)
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Re: synkkä ja myrskyinen darknessi

Post by artic »

solar wrote:
artic wrote:Also the issue of darkness and brightness comes into play, making it hard for party leaders to be sure what the rest of the party is up to.
What real issue is that? Just party kick +darkness people out... Dancers are meant to solo (or party with darkvision races) and trolls... they smell. Dark elves and others who get hurt by light... tough, unless they lead and make the rules. Darkness/brightness blindess is a nice feature and should remain as such. >:)
Yeah, i didnt mean that you would have to tweak the light/dark code... No no! I meant that currently the light/dark system might sometimes prevent the part leader froms seeing what his party members are doing (busy/Meditating/camp building). So some impruved flag indicators would lessed the 'party say Everyone ready to move?' Not really a big upgrade cause u can already ask people what they are doing (unless they are meditating) but it would just make it a lot faster.