mushroom gathering

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

Mushroom Gathering

Like it the way it is
42%
Like this idea
48%
have another idea(posted below)
9%

Total votes: 33

ity

mushroom gathering

Post by ity »

not sure how hard it would be to code, but it would be cool if you could 'gather <name of mushroom>' then you have a reduced chance of finding mushrooms, but an increase in the chance that the mushrooms you find will be what your after. you still might find other mushrooms, but your more likely to find what mushroom you specified.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

This idea is not very useful.
Like herbs, certain mushrooms are found in certain terrain. Thus gathering mushrooms in the right terrain will increase the chance you find that type of mushrooms.
All you need to do is experiment with gathering in different terrains and see what type of terrain has the greater chance to have the mushrooms you need.
'Gather mushrooms for brown boletus' in Hills wont help you much.

P.S - I might be wrong.
ity

Post by ity »

you can only gather mushrooms in two terrrains, and the mushrooms you get are somewhat random, its nothing like gathering herbs, where if you want something you just go to the right terrrain..cause you can only gather mushrooms in forests and swamps next to forests and have to hope and pray you get the mushrooms your after
cezar
Supporting Member 2010

Post by cezar »

Only two terrains ? I could be wrong, since my statistical sample is a bit small, but I think that you get different mushrooms in different types of forests. Also, help gathering needs to be updated, (hope a wizards reads this) since mushrooms don't grow only in forests any more.
What really bugs me is the frightening possibility that there are other variables besides terrain type. When I was gathering some black trumpet mushrooms, sometimes I find many, and sometimes none for almost an hour, in the same terrain. That's when you begin to wonder if there are other variables that affect it as well. Like time of day, recent rain, season, etc. If any of this is true, then figuring out the best way to gather mushrooms you want is beyond mortal comprehension.
mandrake

Post by mandrake »

it makes sense that you should be able to look for certain mushrooms, if nothing else with a decent knowledge of mushrooms lvl you should be able to.
"Are you just now realizing that I'm a figment of your imagination?"
xerene
Supporting Member 2009

Wanted!

Post by xerene »

MuShR0o0m ShOpPe!