Guild testing

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

thakkrad
Supporting Member 2012

Guild testing

Post by thakkrad »

Just a minor idea, why should playtesting give any exp/money/items. IMO it would be far more logical to simply restore the playerfile after playtesting, and give maybe a few points of pdf for each day of testing. Of course that could be abused by giving away things, but that should be easily tracked.
draug

Post by draug »

I agree. Untuned and unbalaced guilds are easily abusable. I think the reward of getting luxury free reincs and PDF should be enough. I've heard that 'guild-testers' were doing insane exp rates with untuned wilders. The testing should not involve exp or money because its about helping getting the guild into balance and finding bugs.
suron

Post by suron »

Once upon a time when I playtested a race. I got restored after the testperiod to the point I was before the test. Also no pdf was given or asked. This was done to the improvement of the game and I was happy to help without any rewards.

Ok, the restoration didn't work as intended so I got a free reinc instead, but that's an entirely different case.

Permanent Divine Favours is the icesus reward commonly used, while it has a monetary value of 5pdf=1e, and 100h of fairly hard work can earn you 20pdf if you're extremely lucky. The point is that restore the playerfiles to the point they started testing and reward the testers with a pile of pdf according to their contribution to the testing, how detailed reports they wrote about the different aspects of the testedsubject, pros and cons, possible abusable features, things that need downtunes etc. This is called testing for a reason, not reaping rewards.

- Suron -
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Re: Guild testing

Post by yoz »

thakkrad wrote:Just a minor idea, why should playtesting give any exp/money/items. IMO it would be far more logical to simply restore the playerfile after playtesting, and give maybe a few points of pdf for each day of testing. Of course that could be abused by giving away things, but that should be easily tracked.

i agree there, guild testing is not for exp/profit making. its for the game's good.
zohlor
Supporting Member 2019

Post by zohlor »

Imho, there shouldn't be an equipment given for testing
a guild. Free reinc(s) and a pdf award is a reward in itself.

But if they are given an equipment, it should not be restored
if the player is stupid enough to lose/sell it to the shop.
You see us comin'
And you all together run for cover
We're taking over this town
lipides
Supporting Member 2011

Post by lipides »

guild testers get pdf? :shock:
sraak

Post by sraak »

where? :?:
zohlor
Supporting Member 2019