Bow modifications

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

osma

Bow modifications

Post by osma »

Throughout the use of a bow, a player will get a message *crack* the bow becomes less stiff. After a few of these messages, the bow breaks. This breakage can cause serious problems if in the middle of a party.

So the idea is this: Fix the bows so that it can be Generaly seen how much longer it will be of servious.

Examples:
1. Tie the weapons *cracks* into the weapon damage line (good as new)
2. Change the weapons quality based on cracks (well made down to moderatly well made)
3. Make it affect (or affect more obviously, i havent seen it change) the line that says "it is easy to draw, which makes it easy for you.
4. Create a seprate line showing the general condition, such as "The bow has some hair fine cracks" or "the bow is held together with duct tape and bubblegum"
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

first crack doesent affect shit, the second or third really affects.

Ps. Just make more than 1 bow at a time if you plan to shoot. Problem solved
minny

Post by minny »

I like the idea of giving a description of the condition of a bow. But I also agree with Yoz that an archer should have more than 1 bow at all times.
osma

Post by osma »

If an archer should have more then one bow, then explane what i should do about over encoumberance. Just one bow is about 10-30% of my total space used up (l?) and raises me to oever 65%. Another bow would raise me above 70% and (so i am told) severly lower my combat effectivness. So what, get a bag and drop it in?
allanon

Post by allanon »

It sounds like you could use some sort of quick-assembly bow, designed for smaller, weaker rangers who can't carry multiple finished ones effectively.

Basically this would be a bag of parts which could be put together and disassembled quickly (~15 seconds) with bowery, making not-excellent but convenient bow. The bow, when disassembled, would weigh a bit, or maybe significantly less than normal bow, because the bag would be somesort magical container (which by the way could only hold the bow parts and nothing else...).

These "bow kits" should not be cheap or mass produced, however, since making a bow the normal way really doesn't cost much more than time and effort...metal arches, pulley systems, horse glue etc. are not very expensive.

By the way, I like to spell it "explain", but your way's fine too.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
minny

Post by minny »

Okay, so maybe not 2 bows at all times...but have a spare one in your locker so you can run to Vaerlon to get it...if you are too far from Vaerlon...then tough luck...Or you can have a mount, put the bow in the saddlebag, and then put the saddlebag on your mount.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

minny wrote:Okay, so maybe not 2 bows at all times...but have a spare one in your locker so you can run to Vaerlon to get it...if you are too far from Vaerlon...then tough luck...Or you can have a mount, put the bow in the saddlebag, and then put the saddlebag on your mount.
bingo!