New titles

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

Would you like more titles?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 20, 2006 01:58 am

We need more titles!
23%
More titles would be nice.
43%
Titles are fine as is.
23%
What titles?
13%

Total votes: 40

osma

New titles

Post by osma »

Perhaps i am alone on this, but there seems to be very few titles to choose from. Between reinc destroying the one time only ones, and lack of levels limiting my subguilds, i have maybe 7-8 to choose from (not counting whine of course).

So the idea is this: Add new titles for more variety. We have way too many 'singers of dangerous melodys' and 'follower of air's'. How about adding titles based on skill %'s? This would fit the requirements of not getting titles unless you earn them. Examples would be (all at 100%): Blade master (sword), Master diver (swimming), Focused archer (foam), Artful dodger (dodge). You could also add less impressive titles such as expert marksman (80 marksmanship) or superior craftsman (80 craftsmanship).

Then you could start work on the multi-skill titles. These would only be accessed when you have multiple skills from the same tree all at 50-80 % or better. Examples are: Trailblazer (pathfinding, resist exhaustion, orienteering) Survivor or Outdoorsman (camping, Hunting), Master chef (cooking, hunting/fishing, carving), Untouchable (dodge, parry, block), Unbreakable (light, medium, heavy armor), The Tower (Shield and Heavy armor at 80 or above), The Unseen Spirit (Move silently, Hide, Wipe tracks), The Stalker (Hunting, Camo, Tracking), True Strike (wounding, sunning, injuring, strike, Improved strike?), The Marksman (archery, Foam, sharpshooting, marksmanship, timing), The Bowcrafter (bowery, Fletchery, craftsmanship), The mastercrafter (or something similular that is skill specific, with that skill, craftsmanship, and any specific subskill like Leatherworking adeptness). Any grouping of skills could form together into a good title as long as they are in a reasonable set.

Finaly, what about other skills that you gain through time and effort. A title for the best hunt/kill/fish (for example, i have record for hunting warthog, so i would be The Warthog Slayer.) What about hunting masteries, so that someone who had inferior mastery in all 5 categories would be The Inverior Hunting Master.

There are plenty ideas that go along these lines, feel free to add your own.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

Or you could do it based on guild masteries.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Post by solar »

:F

Urgh, the current titles are fine. If you want something unique, earn it by coding... :)
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
dyaros

Post by dyaros »

I think the examples you gave are excellent, especially those multi-skill ones. One thing i would like to see is titles based upon the kills made, such as "slayer of goblinoids" (lots of goblins etc. killed in a certain period of time), despiser of humans (humans killed etc).

Keep up the good job :wink:
I'm an Africa nut, not an Ostfront freak
harlonus
Supporting Member 2014

Post by harlonus »

Eh? whats wrong with the old titles? nothing.

its just because you dont have enough exp to get titles from guilds, and you havent completed any quests that give cool titles. there already are some slayer titles, some cool titles obtained from quests, and much cool titles obtained from guild levels. but if people want those titles mentioned before i want a title "slayer of retards" and that is obtained from killing enough retard players(and there are much of these).

but dont think me of an asshole anyways, just mentioning the things as they are, you'll notice it sooner or later that the old titles are just perfect.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

I don't think any of us said that they weren't great titles, the post had to to with a desire for more titles to choose from. I personally would like to have a title mentioning just how weak I am or clumsy or stupid or whatever, but thats mostly because it would be funny.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

Yea, previous ideas like tornado slash (yawn.) and this, are prolly the most useless suggestions ever in my honest opinion.

Get exp, do quests, slay eq monsters -> get titles.

Master diver, plz?

shoot me.

kthx.

Any idea how much code this would require ? :D
So much effort, so useless things.
Do not try to fix something that is not broken.
osma

Post by osma »

and you havent completed any quests that give cool titles.
Accualy, if i remember, i have completed a few quests that had good titles. I cant be shure since all those titles got reset about 6 reinc's ago. Which is a problem for another thread.

And Yoz, do you get off on being negitive to my ideas, or all ideas in general. Every single idea post I have ever made is in the nature of a brainstorm. If enough unusual/useless/unuseable ideas are put forward, it might give another person an idea that really excells. Forums are for discussion, and discussion promotes creative thinking.