Party tune

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

osma

Party tune

Post by osma »

Just a minor annoyance more then anything else, but it is highly annoying trying to remember if it is pp 2,3 or pp 3,2.

Ideas for fix:
1. A,B,C 1,2,3 - put one row alphebet, the other numbers.
2.fr,fc,fl,cr,cc,cl,br,bc,bl - put front, center, back, left, right, center rather then numbers or letters. if you want a tank in front with a cleric behind in middle, then pp tank fc, pp air cc.

Feel free to use this thread for more party ideas, specificly minor tunes to help out.
allanon

Post by allanon »

If this would be an Addition and not a Change, then it's fine. Otherwise, no: I think most of us are pretty comfortable with the current system...

Code: Select all

set party_place_mode: changes the way 'pp' works
standard: the current system (1,1; 2,2; 3,3)
alphanum: letters and numbers (A1; B2; C3)
pos: positions (fl; cc; br)
On a different note, the idea that you could refer to party members as "tank", "air", etc. might be somewhat useful when partying with players whose names are a bit unwieldly. Of course if you had multiple "air"s it could be confusing also.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

allanon wrote:On a different note, the idea that you could refer to party members as "tank", "air", etc. might be somewhat useful when partying with players whose names are a bit unwieldly. Of course if you had multiple "air"s it could be confusing also.
As a healer i found that it was much easier to heal fast if i used nicknames for the people that i partied with. Every time i started party i set up short nicknames for all the people. If the system could somehow do this automatically it would be Great. However i dont know how you would code that.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

sigh, 99% of the players in this game already are used of those numeric rows. (as they are used in other muds too, so most of the people propably have much harder time remembering your asfkjf jkfasjkfsa jfjhasfhas kekeke, rows, than the numerics.)

Could you please think over your ideas throughoutly before posting.

Kthanks.

Go help some seals or something if you want to make the world a better place.

Once again,do not try to fix something that is not broken.
Instead of trying to fix/change everything, try to get used to them.
marzes

Post by marzes »

Could not agree more with Yoz! =D>
solar
Supporting Member 2020

think before you post

Post by solar »

Yeah, if all 'minor annoyances' would be 'fixed', Icesus would be a single-player game.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
moraq

Post by moraq »

Besides you can setup some aliases if you don't like the numeric rows, liek 'alias paavo party place $1 1,1;party place $2 1,2;party place $3 1,3', and then just type 'paavo noob1 noob2 noob3' and *PUFF*

If you are really, really want to use that pp tank askfahsfhgjhag, just setup some nicknames, nickname faslfhgv 1,2 for example and then pp <player> faslfhgv.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Re: think before you post

Post by khade »

solar wrote:Yeah, if all 'minor annoyances' would be 'fixed', Icesus would be a single-player game.
actually, we just wouldn't have a next generation to play.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Re: think before you post

Post by solar »

khade wrote:
solar wrote:Yeah, if all 'minor annoyances' would be 'fixed', Icesus would be a single-player game.
actually, we just wouldn't have a next generation to play.
Well yeah, that is how it would also look like, since 1 player only -> no future players -> no new generation of players. However, we would still only have one player, not one generation, since you do know that additional players are annoyances! They breathe my air, eat my food, steal my monster, bid against me on [sales] etc. Try to impose their own views of how the game should be >:P

When it comes to having opinions, I'm the one who is always right and everyone else is wrong - even if they agree with me! :DDD

Don't you people just love high ego?

Hintzor!
----------
To help people remember party placement stuff: The placement is X,Y X being the row, Y being the column. Placement of 1,1 is the first slot of the first row etc. Tanks should go to the first row, since that way they do the melee fighting.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
osma

Post by osma »

Well, i almost got my idea across. For those of you who missed it the last 3-4 times i have said it, my ideas are mostly in the nature of BRAINSTORMING sessions.

brain·storm·ing

NOUN:

A method of shared problem solving in which all members of a group spontaneously contribute ideas.

Do i think that the wizzes NEED to "fix" this? No. Do i think they will? Hell no. But by bringing up the point, i was attemting to get other people to give ideas on formations (incase i was the only one who didnt like it) or to submit other idea changes to parties in general. By posting my ideas, other people may get ideas. ergo, brainstorming. and hell people, no need to flame someone just for posting an idea. simply state why it is unfeasable and leave it at that.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

I think this was talked about, but I don't know if it was implemented in any form: Alterate party formations, instead of the 999 grid, maybe have a 1323 party formation, where the person in front acts as a scout or hunter, using the faster attack styles and being behind the enemy to keep them off balance. Or for the gaesati and militia, a party formation where everyone who does melee combat can be in the front, with anyone who uses ranged being out of the melee.