Auto-Locker

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

oren

Post by oren »

I think the idea that was implemented was a nice step, but you still rely on someone to not only notice that your locker is expiring, but take the time to go pay for it when who knows how long you may be gone. I would still like to see the idea as it was originally presented be given another consideration. Drain the daily rental from your bank account with some %increase for a penalty until the bank account is dry. May kill your money if you are gone for a long time, but at least you have a good chance of having all of your super spendy eq intact.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

Makes no sense to me to not implement to idea. I mean, whats the reason, shops alredy use the bank to pay with credit so the locker system could use the same.
harlonus
Supporting Member 2014

Post by harlonus »

and if/when this is implemented and you are offline a bit longer time, your bank account is drained totally empty and your locker says *PUFF*, then everyone starts to whine that they lost all their money AND the stuff in locker #-o

just pay the locker so that everytime you check it there is at least 1y time left :wink:
DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT SHELBY OR I'LL FUCKING TRACK YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU WHEN YOUR SLEEPING MOTHER FUCKER
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

harlonus wrote: just pay the locker so that everytime you check it there is at least 1y time left :wink:
Yeah, paying ahead for a year or two would probably be the best solution.
iluth

Post by iluth »

oren wrote:I think the idea that was implemented was a nice step, but you still rely on someone to not only notice that your locker is expiring, but take the time to go pay for it when who knows how long you may be gone. I would still like to see the idea as it was originally presented be given another consideration. Drain the daily rental from your bank account with some %increase for a penalty until the bank account is dry. May kill your money if you are gone for a long time, but at least you have a good chance of having all of your super spendy eq intact.
I recently emptied my locker and dumped all the stuff to the apartment, when i come back to the game i would hate for my mils in the bank to be drained all to save an empty locker. But the idea is good if it can be toggled on and off.
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

the biggest locker available is 3k per day or 1,095,000 silver per year... that amount can be easily gathered for a couple of days.. a rate of 1000 silver per min or 60k per hour (which is easy to make) would make the necessary amount for 18 hours of actual playing time.. where is the problem???
allanon

Post by allanon »

Here's another, probably worse, idea. Yeah, it's long.

When the time on your locker runs out, instead of simply deleting it, and instead of draining the bank account, the bank should Dispossess you of your locker.
This means that the bank technically owns your stuff.
What happens after that is that your stuff gets auctioned off on a special channel (expired+ or something). The profits made from selling are then used to pay off locker for xxx days.
Not all stuff is auctioned off at once, just as much as needed until the rent is paid. After it runs low again, another item is sold, and so on, until your stuff's all been auctioned - at that point you lose your locker.
If there are no bidders for the thing then the bank just counts that as being sold for the item's base value (which is generally a bad thing).

Of course the catch is that you don't know which items will be picked first...maybe it will be that mithril blah, pays for a year, or maybe it'll be that cloth pants of radiance, pays for a day. If you log in the very next day, obviously you're pissed if the mithril blah got sold...

Players will be notified what gets sold and for how much. Any extra money left over from these sales goes back to the player's bank account when they pay off their locker debt...

...nah that's too nice, the profits should go to bank. Heh.

Pros
-MAY salvage some of the good, valuable stuff in your locker by paying with junk until you get back
-Even if all your junk gets sold and you lose your locker, the end result would be exactly the same as if it had just been deleted in the first place
-Might help even out the economy if some highbie forgets their locker...heh heh...

Cons
-You could technically just go and buy all your stuff back from people when you get back, wasting money but not truly losing the items
-Possible to just have a friend buy all that stuff for you when it comes up for sale (though why not just pay for locker??)
-Would encourage people to fill lockers with valuable junk in case of forgetfulness, which seems like an abuse of the system

I think this is logical - if a locker expires and has a billion mithril worth of stuff in it, who in right mind would simply throw it away? They would keep it for themselves; sell it; or at the very least donate it to others. Or, use it to pay the debt. It's just like if you can't pay mortgage...the bank possesses your house and property and sells your stuff. Or something like that.

I know that logic != Icesus but this seems like a viable option. No drained bank accounts, and better than losing ALL your stuff.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

hors wrote:the biggest locker available is 3k per day or 1,095,000 silver per year... that amount can be easily gathered for a couple of days.. a rate of 1000 silver per min or 60k per hour (which is easy to make) would make the necessary amount for 18 hours of actual playing time.. where is the problem???
I personally am unable to achieve such a money collecting rate. I have sayd it before, not everyone thinks money is easy to get in icesus.
dunn

Post by dunn »

I think that simply nuking a locker for having expired isn't a good feature or more could be done to make it have less of a wipe factor.

But, then that's why you should invest in an apartment. Maybe Allanon's idea is good, so that at least the items don't permanently disappear from the game because the rent on a locker wasn't paid..

And might be worth a chuckle or two when who knows what gets auctioned from your locker!

The option for paying someone else's locker is a nice one though. :)
daic
Supporting Member 2015

Post by daic »

Eq lost in locker accident is just small part of eqpurge plan of ewyl people.
Little Orcs, Burarum!
They come with axes, they come with fire, gnawing, biting, burning hacking, breaking!
Destroyers and usurpers curse them!
haeggar
Supporting Member 2008

Post by haeggar »

*deleted*