Auto-Locker

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

oren

Auto-Locker

Post by oren »

Was thinking about what would happen if I needed to freeze my char, or if I went out of town or something and forgot to pay locker. I'd lose all my stuffs in there right? Well what if the lockers had a setting like "auto-pay on" or some such where it would automagically deduct a weeks worth of locker rent from your bank account when the locker rent runs out? If the bank account ran out of money it would then delete your locker, but this would still give a margin of error if you did forget to pay altogether.
osma

Post by osma »

Makes sense. Lost my horse once because went out of town and stable ran out of time.
moraq

Post by moraq »

Just pay lots of time when you plan on going somewhere.
pyrana
Supporting Member 2008

Post by pyrana »

As another option how about introducing a check on freezing so you get a warning and it prevents you from freezing unless all your rented things - locker,stall,apartment are paid up for the freeze period plus 7 days...

Also on the paying of rent topic - I notice that when paying for a stall it comes directly from your bank account, yet a locker still requires cash on person - can this please be changed to bank account use also.
No human being, however great, or powerful, was ever so free as a fish.
- John Ruskin
aarmon

Post by aarmon »

i definitly absolutly totally agree to that autopay or at least warning point. and the reason is not that i lost my locker and all my eq :evil: . really sucks when you start playing again and all you have is your exp and a few 100k.

i dont understand anyways why the locker etc. still counts. i thought that is what freezing is all about.
kraven
Supporting Member 2012

Post by kraven »

what if you ppl just stop having too much RL and focus more in the game?...that would do the trick =D>
aarmon

Post by aarmon »

well it was more like not knowing anymore how to differ between rl and icesus. and if icesus is rl then what is the other strange thing with the air and the people running around who are not emoting all the time or killing random creatures in the streets with fireballs?
solar
Supporting Member 2020

omgomgomg

Post by solar »

aarmon wrote:well it was more like not knowing anymore how to differ between rl and icesus. and if icesus is rl then what is the other strange thing with the air and the people running around who are not emoting all the time or killing random creatures in the streets with fireballs?
Sounds like... Austria?

I'd be nice to have some sort of failsafe for lockers (at least for people without apartments).

For example, some semi-retired players have their lockers pop once in a while, losing precious memories of the old good days, as the items are lost.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.
misrobo
Wizard

Post by misrobo »

You may now check and pay for one another's lockers. The newspaper will warn of people who are away and have a locker about to expire.

Feel free to take care of others.
suron

Post by suron »

Oh my god, this is just amazing. For once, the wizards have actually taken an suggested idea and not only improved it but also implemented it!

Congratulations Misrobo, Nicely done.

(...wilders...)
draug

Post by draug »

Nice work Misrobo!
aarmon

Re: omgomgomg

Post by aarmon »

solar wrote:
aarmon wrote:well it was more like not knowing anymore how to differ between rl and icesus. and if icesus is rl then what is the other strange thing with the air and the people running around who are not emoting all the time or killing random creatures in the streets with fireballs?
Sounds like... Austria?
can't be. its officially allowed to kill/torture/mutilate ppl on the street (or mountains) with fireballs in austria.
*sniff* smells like burning flesh out there again; thats what i call clean fresh air.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

misrobo wrote:You may now check and pay for one another's lockers. The newspaper will warn of people who are away and have a locker about to expire.

Feel free to take care of others.

This sucks. The original idea was much better. Just lost some ungettable eq because of some stupid summer-vacation-roadtrip and that would no have happened if you would have implemented the original idea of taking rent from the bank.
apog
Supporting Member 2009

Post by apog »

or if anyone would have cared enough to help pay your locker for you.
aarmon

Post by aarmon »

if a locker expires drop all the stuff in the arena and let the deathmatch begin!