small fish = big fish

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

osma

small fish = big fish

Post by osma »

Dont know how feasable this is, but it makes complete sense to be able to use small fish (like roach or perch) as bait to give better chance at bigger fish. cant be rotten or cooked.
pyrana
Supporting Member 2008

Post by pyrana »

Excellent idea - totally agree =D>
It would add a bit more realism to fishing and then maybe different small fish depending on weight would have a different modifying factor to the fishing algorithm
No human being, however great, or powerful, was ever so free as a fish.
- John Ruskin
allanon

Post by allanon »

Noo, then I won't be able to use those discarded small fish for divine favours! :( I totally oppose this idea!!

Just kidding, but you didn't need me to say that did you?
This makes sense, except: not all fish eat smaller fish. Some eat bugs or other marine creatures besides their fellow fish, so using a fish bait might not attract them at all.
Also, since most fish are a bit bigger than worms, I'm thinking it would call for some larger hooks...

If you fish using a GIGANTIC sturgeon as bait, you should be able to catch 50x very tiny roach at once...
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.
etadan

Moo

Post by etadan »

Opposing the idea, based on: fishing is supposed to be fun, not science

Otherwise, sounds neat. I wonder if i can use termite queen to catch something too...
Beyond good..