Let there be (no) light!

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

osma

Let there be (no) light!

Post by osma »

Simple command idea. Light command- lets you see the general light in the area. extreamly dark, extreamly bright, ect. makes complete sence since you would naturaly be able to tell if you are in a room with dim lighting, or bright sunshine. This would not only be useful for people who have brighness/darkness problems with eyesight, but would help dark elves who get hurt by bright sunlight.
harlonus
Supporting Member 2014

Post by harlonus »

there already is a command 'la light sources'
DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT SHELBY OR I'LL FUCKING TRACK YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU WHEN YOUR SLEEPING MOTHER FUCKER
apog
Supporting Member 2009

Post by apog »

well... 'la light sources' only works if you can actually see...
misrobo
Wizard

Post by misrobo »

So you want to see why it is you can't see?
I see a problem there.
sciurine
Supporting Member 2012

Post by sciurine »

misrobo wrote:So you want to see why it is you can't see?
I see a problem there.
So. what you're saying here is that when you turn off the light in a room or the sun sets you suddenly become totally blind and are unable to determine whether it's simply shady or very very dark? And when you walk outside the sunlight suddenly turns your eyes off and you're unable to determine how bright it is till you wear your handy lux-o-meter shades?

Mmmright
suron

Post by suron »

Do blind people dream in colour?
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

If you cant see, either its just black darkness or white brightness, you cant also see where that darkness/brightness is coming from. So there no seeying why you cant see.

And the info about how bright/dark it is is already implemented:

Its too bright for you to see.
sciurine
Supporting Member 2012

Post by sciurine »

artic wrote:If you cant see, either its just black darkness or white brightness, you cant also see where that darkness/brightness is coming from. So there no seeying why you cant see.

And the info about how bright/dark it is is already implemented:

Its too bright for you to see.
If it is _extremely_ bright for you that's true, since you go blind, and then you won't see anything for a while/ever again. For darkness it isn't a simple case of you can see/you can't see. You can differentiate hundreds of different levels of darkness (talking about RL here). Of course we can argue that icesus being icesus there's a new level of magical darkness where it's actually darker than no light at all, but other than that neither of those arguments are true at all.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

yes, there are many levels of darkness, in Icesus too. You just dont notice them, you only notice when it gets soo dark you cant see anything. ANYTHING.

So use 'look at light sources' when you can barely see. And if find yourself in complete darkness, walk towards the light, back to where you came from.
pyrana
Supporting Member 2008

Post by pyrana »

you must give yourself over to the dark side luke... :twisted: I mean Osma.. oh wait... nevermind
No human being, however great, or powerful, was ever so free as a fish.
- John Ruskin
osma

Post by osma »

Dark side? Who ever said i was on the light side, i kill bunny rabbits, cute little minks, and Bambi. I am simply Osma, the Newbie Helper (aka Dark Side Recruiter).