Damage and materials

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

sciurine
Supporting Member 2012

Damage and materials

Post by sciurine »

I just had an incident where I hit (a fairly weak hit) against a rat with my _Diamond_ two-handed sword, and it got damaged. Now I understand icesus isn't RL but since as far as I know diamond is a rare material and not really the best one in other respects either, so how about injecting some sort of realism tune and make diamond equipment nearly impervious to damage. It just seems really really ridiculous that what I described above would happen and frankly disturbs the immersion in the game.

Either that or change the name of the material diamond to jello. You know you want to.

--Sciu (open)
minny

Post by minny »

But it wouldn't be as fun or desirable to collect!!! Anyways, why did you buy a diamond sword if it's going to get zapped into jello?
kraven
Supporting Member 2012

Post by kraven »

what are you crying,i critted invisible beast with my adamantium great axe and it got damaged....as if adamantium bends under my characters massive strength? :P....icesus is icesus
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

fuck realism in a game where we have snakemans shooting acid balls out of their asses.

Help icesus is icesus
misad
Supporting Member 2008

Re: Damage and materials

Post by misad »

sciurine wrote:so how about injecting some sort of realism tune and make diamond equipment nearly impervious to damage.
Diamond is hard, but it's actually quite brittle.
( check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond#Toughness )
Against common belief you cannot test with a hammer whether a stone is diamond or cheap glass...You'll end up just getting either diamond powder or glass powder.

We can very well forget realism when talking about diamond weapons :)

// Misad