Outdoorsy idea (hippie crap)

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

sciurine
Supporting Member 2012

Outdoorsy idea (hippie crap)

Post by sciurine »

Soo, This isn't really a huge deal or anything but it would add a bit of atmosphere and would be generally neat I think.

When in an outworld terrain likely to have trees have a "climb tree" function or such. Costs a bit of ep and you can scout the surroundings (get a much larger view in "map", and unrestricted by the terrain modifiers). Flying/floating races could get a small perk to be able to use it in any terrain (I guess that's just beholder for now).

If you want to make some extra bs on it maybe outdoor rooms inside areas could specifically have trees set up too and you could see a room or two in any direction if set.

--Sci (always with the useless ideas)
apog
Supporting Member 2009

Post by apog »

There is already a telescope in the game that provides this function.
iluth

Post by iluth »

So?
apog
Supporting Member 2009

Post by apog »

So... Wizards rarely take the time to duplicate functionality that is already there when it's not very high priority.
pyrana
Supporting Member 2008

Post by pyrana »

since when you use the telescope it says something about finding higher ground anyway I would suggest that climbing a tree would yield a view that is somewhere between normal and telescope view , since with the naked eye you would still not have the same view range as with a telescope even with the added height of a tree.

so maybe a middle view - good idea, however for ease of coding I would simply recommend getting a telescope :wink:
No human being, however great, or powerful, was ever so free as a fish.
- John Ruskin
oren

Post by oren »

Telescopes rock. I highly recommend one.
yoz
Supporting Member 2009

Post by yoz »

what if you want to use the telescope from the tree?, or a race that isnt supposed to climb, centaur/thrikreen/beholder, what if you fall down from the tree, you'll prolly die?

Few things that should also be added if this comes to live!

Personally i think that telescope is enough, and its fairly easy to get too. Tho, this is a decent idea
kraven
Supporting Member 2012

Post by kraven »

i think sciurines idea is great,gives this game one more feature useless or not. but gives new players illusion that there is zillion things u can do and only your imagenation is the limit...i really think wizards should add some variation of the idea in game
iluth

Post by iluth »

kraven wrote:i think sciurines idea is great,gives this game one more feature useless or not. but gives new players illusion that there is zillion things u can do and only your imagenation is the limit...i really think wizards should add some variation of the idea in game
Yeah i agree, that's what attracts most players to muds in the first place.