guild donation boxes

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

iluth

guild donation boxes

Post by iluth »

Thought this might be nice to encourage newbies a bit, specially since the soup kitchens are gone.

It's just a box at each guild where players can donate eqs, and players under a certain total worth can take eq from the box.
osma

Post by osma »

reasonable, and works well on other muds. Perhaps a minor df bonus when donating, such as with trash cans.
misrobo
Wizard

Post by misrobo »

You can now purchase donation boxes at the Atherton general store. Put them where you think they will do good.
brich

Post by brich »

I have a suggestion with a slight tendency of request to make regarding these boxes. Those are great stuff and usefull and all but I ran into a nasty situation. I placed one in Double Dragon Inn and people donated plenty of stuff and everything worked well except the fact that one really creepy and ...(insert denigrating insults here)... guy with a char named Darkjin kept taking stuff from the box since day one. He just kept taking and taking and taking and ... you get the idea, it's months now since he does this. I kept hoping he'll get over the total worth limit but he seems to keep his char at lv 17 just to get the stuff from there.
Now comes my suggestion: could there be a box command that would ban a certain char from taking anything from a certain box? Something in the lines of "box ban [char name]". Off course that can be bypassed by making another char but we'r geting into game forbidden teritory and that is enforced by wizards.
Also, I've seen that some peoples, like incredibly generous Etadan, donated impressing amounts and worth of items. I'ld see fit as the highest donor would automaticly become the owner of the box. That would ensure that an active char (not like me ) would be supervising the box.

Thanks for your patience in reading and, in advance, for your efforts to make donating a more effective action.
hors
Supporting Member 2009

Post by hors »

hmm. what about a ban based on the total age, not level? say a player older than 2 weeks would not be able to take anything from boxes?

and yes, the same was (is?) with other boxes i think. the box in ranger quild is emptied rather often just for profit by some people
iluth

Post by iluth »

Yep Hors there is one guy who used to clear the box of items at Ranger guild as well, but his character is gone now which is nice. Btw can you see the box log?