Beholders

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

khade
Supporting Member 2013

Beholders

Post by khade »

Unless I am currently mistaken, beholders can join the army, rangers, and monks, while not having any limbs in order to use weapons or to use as weapons. What I propose is that some Beholder psionic learns how to manipulate weapons through telekenetic abilities well enough to emulate the use of arms and decides to assist it's 'lesser' species members. Thus Beholders get a small subguild which teaches them to use their inate telekenesis to use weaponry previously unavailable to them. Of course, since they are untrained in the mental arts, using weapons in this way would be physically draining, so attacks and special moves would use ep rather then psp. Perhaps the fairly new melee subguild for the Infecti could have a more powerful version of this skill for it's members as well.

I also suspect that the wilders would accept a beholder into their midst.
aarmon

Post by aarmon »

im not sure how effective and therefore usefull this could be. i mean i wouldnt use somekind of caster race for any meleetype guild for it would be clear from the very first moment that this just has to suck.
if one feels the urge to experiment with sucky combinations he/she could use halfling/any-race.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

It is true that they are designed primarily for spellcasting, being not so good at most of the other stats not associated with that, they also regenerate well, and might do ok in other guilds. As I mentioned, they don't seem to be banned from those guilds, they just are currently a bad choice.
harlonus
Supporting Member 2014

Post by harlonus »

beholders, chitines, centaurs and thri-kreens are banned from monks. and i sure cant understand why someone would like a beholder melee type character, that central eye totally sucks in front row :?
DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT SHELBY OR I'LL FUCKING TRACK YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU WHEN YOUR SLEEPING MOTHER FUCKER
osma

Post by osma »

How can you consider giving beholder's more power? They already have the ultimate ability: their long eye stalks are designed to look up under girls skirts and do kinky things with their "telekenitic" powers. I mean what, a charm eye that puts people to sleep? Just what does the beholder DO when you are asleep?
klarh
Supporting Member 2008

Post by klarh »

Beholders can't join wilders either("You are too weird"). If you want to be a front row beholder, just <Hidden due to my trademarks and copyrights!>.