Earth priest skill idea

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

artic
Supporting Member 2005

Earth priest skill idea

Post by artic »

As an earth priest i found that the worst thing about playing a low-mid-level earth priest was loosing your minion due to some stupid mistake. Like one simple lagspike could cost you a minion that you worked on for 8 hours. So i came up with this idea to allow low-mid-level earthpriests to regain the strenght of their lost minion a bit faster.

Self-sacrifice: gives the earth priest the option to sacrifice half of his unused exp in a lenghtly ritual to recover some of his recently lost minions exp and transfer it to his current minion.

The exp gained by the new minion would depend on : how many % of exp needed for next level of the priest was sacrificed, how powerful was the lost minion, how powerful is the current minion, % of the skill, masteries.

I dont think high level priests would use this skill, for they have millions in unused exp and they dont want to loose half of it and their new minions already start out very powerful and the gaining of 1 level is not worth the sacrifice. For low level players however it would be very useful, for they loose their minions more often and their minions start out much weaker than they are at level 1-3.

just and idea, let me know what you think.
daic
Supporting Member 2015

Post by daic »

Losing a minion is part of being epriest. We learn by mistakes, flee when game starts to lag, run to earth altar if your internetconnection feels strange and fix minion when it is torn in pieces.

Earthpriests dont weep minion we just lost, make bigger, better and revenge! There are several newbie-lowbie epriest that have managed to gain experience with guild as it is now.

And think the bright side, your minion could be better that the one you just lost. And by the way, I still feel like mastery of necromancy gets up faster when you levelup your minion.
Little Orcs, Burarum!
They come with axes, they come with fire, gnawing, biting, burning hacking, breaking!
Destroyers and usurpers curse them!
apog
Supporting Member 2009

Post by apog »

http://www.icesus.org/Forums/viewtopic. ... ight=#4293

Please reread:

Fact #3: Playing time commitment
and
Conclusion #5
and
Conclusion #7: Particularly the last 3 sentences.

While some of the information in that post has changed (particularly with regards to re-arming weapons), the items listed above were true a year ago and they are true now.