Resize Hut Ideas

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

klarh
Supporting Member 2008

Resize Hut Ideas

Post by klarh »

Alright, I've just been through my first experience with the resize hut, so I've got a few things that I think would be very nice to have changed/included.

First off, I think that the people who resize it should get a better reward. My resizer said that he gets a very tiny amount of money for resizing compared to the amount I paid. If I pay 150k, I would expect the resizer to get at least 50k. If this can't be reasonable(Or if it isn't already implemented--I'm not sure exactly how much they get), I think it would make sense that the resizer at least gets a bit of mastery for resizing. Just some sort of reward for the resizer, so it isn't forced labor, would be nifty.

Now for the features. I think "resize collect all" would be very good...although each piece must be uniquely named, a command that makes it unnecessary to retype your whole eqsets would be nice.

Everyone makes mistakes, and I'd say it's much easier to make mistakes when you are sorting through a sea of eq and names. If it doesn't already do it, it would be nice for the resizer to not have to specify the person/race to resize the item to. The prices aren't bad generally, but I don't think it's right to have to wait for the next resize round because of a minor accident/typo.

These are just some ideas I'd like to throw out to everyone(*cough*Echcua*cough*). Thanks for reading the post!
iluth

Post by iluth »

The resize hut should also be flammable like newspapers are. I tried to set light to it earlier and nothing happened.
echcua
Wizard

Post by echcua »

1) There is a skill that improves the resizers take.
2) You can't make a mistake in the resize hut as the resizer has no options
apog
Supporting Member 2009

Post by apog »

Just a clarification for anyone who might not know English slang very well... by "take", Echcua means the amount that the resizer is paid... thus he is saying there is a skill that increases the percentage that the resizer is paid. This skill is a merchant skill and it is evident through that skills description that it provides this functionality.
klarh
Supporting Member 2008

Post by klarh »

Alright, that is good and helpful, but it also leaves me with a big question... How did some my stuff that was shown as "resized" end up as human sized(1 piece) and spell weaver/brownie sized(3 or 4 pieces)?
echcua
Wizard

Post by echcua »

Someone fumbled doing your resize
suron

Post by suron »

Ooo, also a nice addition would be that, if there were any items waiting for resize, the artisans could not do anything until the items are being seen to (someone is currently working in the hut)

This would improve the artisans community as they would have one artisan in stand-by for if any jobs came, he would immediately start working so other artisans may go about their daily bot*cough* business.

- Also implementing a thingy, similar to templar guard duty, that artisans need to spend some time (6h per rl week? or they cannot use skills or sell/buy anything) in the hut, waiting for customers.

The artisans would ofcourse be rewarded for this with slightly accelerated growth of masteries while on call. (10% faster sounds fair).

Also when resizing the items for a smaller person, the artisan could manage to collect some leftover materials from the job, a bar or two of similar type. When resizing for bigger race the employer(hut owner?..well the dude who takes the biggest cut of the money) provides the necessary materials, so the artisan would not need to worry about it when resizing.

To make the resizing and repairing things more common, nice additions would be metal armors getting misshaped when hit by intense heat (dragonbreaths, fireballs etc) and would not fit anymore until repaired/resized. Also leather items could shrink when swimming, making them too small to fit anymore --> resize.

You see, there are many things still to be done. We can make the artisans work. It can be done! People will accept change when it's forced upon, people will adapt. Life will find a way.

(ok, the tone might be slightly mocking, but I stand behind my ideas 99%)
harlonus
Supporting Member 2014

Post by harlonus »

To make the resizing and repairing things more common, nice additions would be metal armors getting misshaped when hit by intense heat (dragonbreaths, fireballs etc) and would not fit anymore until repaired/resized. Also leather items could shrink when swimming, making them too small to fit anymore --> resize.
i dont actually like the idea of "forcing" people to go artisans, and this sounds like it. i've resized all my eqs in graemor to the size it is needed, and i dont have to resize it again. when i get a new eq i'll simply go there and resize it if there isnt any artisans to do it. money is pretty easy to make but sounds pretty ridicilious if you run in sewers and your boots needs to be resized every day because of you all know that the wizzes are going to exaggerate this feature(like eqdamage, if the eq is unmarked it _will_ break).
DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT SHELBY OR I'LL FUCKING TRACK YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU WHEN YOUR SLEEPING MOTHER FUCKER
apog
Supporting Member 2009

Post by apog »

suron wrote:Ooo, also a nice addition would be that, if there were any items waiting for resize, the artisans could not do anything until the items are being seen to (someone is currently working in the hut)

- Also implementing a thingy, similar to templar guard duty, that artisans need to spend some time (6h per rl week? or they cannot use skills or sell/buy anything) in the hut, waiting for customers.
1.) Not all artisans are smiths.... there is no need to force a carpenter to sit in the resize hut or penalize that carpenter for the lack of smiths.

2.) Echcua in his gameinfo on the 9th already stated that there is now a requirement for smiths to do resizes in order to use the public forges. There is a bypass to doing this but it requires that you have your own forge, which to my knowledge, no one has yet.