Throwing weapon: Bolas

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

makarra

Throwing weapon: Bolas

Post by makarra »

Hi
This is my first post... here goes

Bolas are a pretty nifty throwing weapon and I think it would fit in nicely on icesus.

Depending on your skill they could hit opponent in different areas with different results.

Head/neck: strangle and or stun
Torso: hinder attacks
Legs: hinder attacks (depending on race) and unable to flee

A good description of them is at the following page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolas

But basically they are 2 or 3 balls made of skin with weights sewn inside them, these are on the end of long lengths of cord. You swing them around in the air and let em fly at your opponent! *wham*

That's it :)
suron

Post by suron »

Ooo, like Jar-Jar in episode I?

(not bashing you down or anything, the picture just came into my mind when bolas were mentioned)
osma

Post by osma »

Aim at feet = no more annoying bast... following me out of room while i am reloading/sneaking. I like!

Fairly easy to remove bolas, but would take time away from defense, so would make more sense to say that it would temp. lower defensive ability while they got untangled. (meanwhile, animals would have lots of trouble with this unless they were strong enough to break it, like bears. Some sized creatures, such as elephants, are too big for this to work on at all.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

depends on the size of the bolas, like if it was one sized adequetely for a b'rogh to use, it could possibly entangle an elephant, but a human could not use it without much strength.