Combat Mount Masteries/Mind Bonds

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

huntor

Combat Mount Masteries/Mind Bonds

Post by huntor »

I had an idea about your combat mount, war horse/land wyvern/whatever, to be bonded with your mount, or develop a connection with your mount where you possibly get better attack chance or you and your mount could distract for one another.If a spell, the spell could be learnable for coven to link the minds of beast and player similar to the way players link minds when doing DoP, or a NPC could do this function if it would be too hard to code for a spell, or it could be a mastery where like other masteries where more exotci riding/riding skill increases the chances of it happening. Just an Idea I had that seemed worth posting.

Sincerely,
Huntor (Zindarg)
aarmon

Post by aarmon »

dunno about the idea, cause i didnt really understand what you wanted to say, but i guess its psi and not coven.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

this idea is good, i have another: a feat that trains your mount to ignore spells being cast on it.

it sounds like your idea is that both human and horse are so in tune with each other that they know when to do things that would enhance the other's attack, i like.
huntor

Post by huntor »

Exactly Khade, the more time you spend with your mount in combat, the more you become closer with your mount, thus increasing the chance of the mount distracting/improved combat effectiveness while on the mount. If you have spent countless hours in combat with that mount, it absorbs some of that and can help you bye positioning itself better for you to get a hit ,or from an archers point of view could take you higher for a better vantage point, thus better accuracy and chance to hit what you are aiming at(could be used with blasters as well(this could only be flying mounts(ground mounts couldn't utilize the higher vantage idea)). Or with the coven mind link you pay for a permenant link with your mount thus allowing what said above happen. And I don't think madmen would be appreciated near your mount :D Just my personal preference.

Thanks,
Huntor(Zindarg)
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

depends on the mental capacities of the mount as well, with the infecti.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

if we are alredy requesting mount feats...

i heard on wanted channel someone ask for a feat called 'prowling' that would make a mount more useful when hunting by allowing for stealthed movement like 'move silently' skill. Also if it seems that creatures with hoofs cant sneak you could make this feat for special mount only. I think lizards, spiders and cat-like creatures could be rather good at prowling.

P.S currently centaur rangers can sneak rather well with their hoofs.
artic
Supporting Member 2005

Post by artic »

khade wrote: it sounds like your idea is that both human and horse are so in tune with each other that they know when to do things that would enhance the other's attack.
A mastery for your mount, not the player. So that if you loose your mount, you need to start from scratch with a new mount, earning its trust and training it to be more helpful in combat. If its a mount-specific mastery you cant just cough up a couple fat millions and have yourself a combat-veteran warhorse, someone has to spend alot of time with the mount in combat first.
I think such a mount-mastery would increase the tradeing of mounts and make mount altogether more popular.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

and perhaps create a new niche market? horse trainer subguild sounds fun, biggest requirements, time and the money to get a horse. big payoff: people paying lots of money for your horses, and being able to train horses feats.

maybe, the trainer would have to be medium sized so they could ride most mounts, the ones for the smaller races tend to be things that can be trained without riding them.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

I think that there should be a wilder encampment that moves around, only wilders can easily find it. In this emcampment would be the wilder's herds of horses and services that would be cheaper for wilders, the better the masteries the less they cost or something like that. The wilders would sell horses to whoever came, only a limited amount, of course. If a wilder wanted to buy a horse, they would have the oppertunity to buy a horse that only wilders are crazy enough to ride, like the old west's broncos and mustangs and whatever else there was there. these horses would be sold with only leadrope and the wilder can teach them to use other feats in the encampment, or even to other horses, time it takes dependent on altruism and sagacity. I also think that a wilder should be able to pay a set fee once and be able to stable their horses at the encampment for all time or until they reinc back into wilders, and actually be able to get the normal ones out again if they reinc, though they could not stable them there while not wilders.
khade
Supporting Member 2013

Post by khade »

I had another idea. make horse breeding into a guild, with the breeders having a bit of help from the chronomancers to lower the time needed for a horse to mature. also it would be nice to have a trapper guild, that gets normal exp for any useful animal they can bring back alive to the atherton animal trainer, with unique animals being worth much more, maybe the trappers could use dogs to keep their finds in line and could control more then 1 animal at once.
allanon

Post by allanon »

Erm...I think there would be some problems with coding "messages" for during horse breeding...and without that it ruins the whole fun of it. Also, Chronomancers cannot help players with aging, what makes you think they can help horses in that matter?

The Atherton trainer would only pay for animals that can be used as mounts. I don't want to see riding rabbits or such. Also the payments couldn't be too high, due to the high cost of the mounts themselves. Netting a land wyvern would give you over 100k for just a 10% commission. Once you get to be a good trapper, that would equal some serious cash/min.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 160 character limit.