Hired Help

Share your ideas about the future of the game with other players and wizards.

Moderator: Moderators

khade
Supporting Member 2013

Hired Help

Post by khade »

As there are relatively few artisans around, I thought that it might be expedient to have access to hired help. For those with low skills or masteries, it would probably work to pay the ever present goblins and kobolds a bit to work, not that they would work very well or fast. For those with higher masteries or skills, they could maybe afford to hire dwarves, expensive, but they work hard and are pretty hard to kill. Unlike players, you pay these guys by the uptime, a set amount per uptime, with bargaining effecting the price. If one of the goblinoid workers dies, they are easily replaced, while if a dwarf dies, you would have to pay blood money before you could hire another. These hired hands would not work as well as an artisan with high masteries, but they would work fairly constantly. you might have to worry about some thievery.
solar
Supporting Member 2020

Re: Hired Help

Post by solar »

khade wrote:For those with higher masteries or skills, they could maybe afford to hire dwarves, expensive, but they work hard and are pretty hard to kill.
8<---SNAP!!!------------------------------------------------------------------
If one of the goblinoid workers dies, they are easily replaced, while if a dwarf dies, you would have to pay blood money before you could hire another.
Umm, you ARE talking about dwarves, right? Dwarves work only hard to get drunk. And what is this blood money? Just give them a keg of some strong dwarven mead and they'll work after they've drunk it and recovered.

And dwarves are at mortal danger whenever it rains and while there are puddles on the ground.

And what comes to hired help, why should artisans be the only ones to obtain such help? I'd say that if such workforce could be hired, then why not NPC mercenaries as well?

And besides, if you need extra manpower, just ask other artisans to help. Even though they are few, they've got nothing better to do! Artisans and player interaction go hand in hand, after all.
Internet tough guy

Icesus is not just my life - it's the lack of it.